Pantomime

By Anonymous - 31/01/2024 14:00 - United Kingdom

Today, my husband and my mother's hatred of each other has got so bad, I wasn’t aware of why until now. She was his headmistress in high school, then they had an affair while he was at university, shortly before he met me at a Starbucks and dumped her without knowing I was her daughter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 764
You deserved it 77

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If your mother can't make peace with the fact that he chose you and that her daughter got a nice guy and just be happy and make peace for your sake, I would say that she is being really selfish. As for your husband, at least he was up front with her and didn't string her along while he dated you. I'd say keep the husband, lose the mother.

Comments

Either it's a very common case, or we need to explain some other theory to explain all the rest of husbands who hate their MIL

The fact both of them kept this from you is very effed up. Divorce him and go no contact from your mother.

Sounds like a bad telenovela. A good one would also have you work as Starbuck when he met you, fistfights between him and your dad over your mom, a spectacular car crash that would kill your dad caused by his dad while he was black-out drunk, your mom trying to poison you Snow White style and faking a heart attack when discovered, other students trying to bang your mom for an easy A, a surprise inheritance, hair pulling and catfights in the notary's office, and his mom dressing up like a ghoul to try to scare you away.

If your mother can't make peace with the fact that he chose you and that her daughter got a nice guy and just be happy and make peace for your sake, I would say that she is being really selfish. As for your husband, at least he was up front with her and didn't string her along while he dated you. I'd say keep the husband, lose the mother.

Wow... I'm not sure there's enough therapy for this. I'm assuming your Dad is still around and doesn't know? If so smack your mum with the reality stick and tell her if she isn't at least polite from now on, you'll tell your Dad. That should shut her up. Tell your husband that if he doesn't remain at least polite about her to both your faces then he can start looking for his own divorce solicitor. None of this is your fault and they're both making it your problem. Not fair. They can either start ignoring each other or you'll make it *their* problem.

Dude, stfu! I'm not caught up with Eastenders yet!

clewis531 8

So you married a man who’s had sex with your mom!? Gross.

Grateful @21 6

There's no way y'all got Married. When both him and your mom knew they had a fling years ago. I know at some he met your parents. And Neither on of them told you from the moment you introduced them. hate to say it they were probably still messing around. What Mother wouldn't tell her Daughter.