Meat

By ohmyx3 - 30/04/2009 02:09 - United States

Spicy
Today, I was at my boyfriend's house. I've been a vegetarian for 4 years, and his mother made lasagna with meat in it. After telling her I don't eat meat, my boyfriend's father says "we know whose meat she does eat." My boyfriend, his mother, and I were standing right there. FML
I agree, your life sucks 75 612
You deserved it 10 061

Same thing different taste

Top comments

arcturussage 0

boyfriends fault imo. If I were having my girlfriend over I'd make sure my mom knew she was a vegetarian. Dad sounds like a cool guy though

Comments

You had to wait till the last second to tell them? They took the time to make you a dinner, are they supposed to assume you're a vegetarian? beeeeetch.

alex_vik 0

YDI for turning down their dinner because you're a 'vegetarian'.

#31 how is it that being a vegetarian for religious reasons is acceptable, yet doing it because you like animals makes you "an idiot"? Appeasing your imaginary friends is fine, but making a logical moral choice is stupid? And what of those who just don't like the taste of meat? Are they idiots? I'm sure there's some food you don't like, too.

Chocolate_Chunk 2

because more or at least about equally as many animals (in number/kg) are killed for vegetarian foods than meat ones. So, if you go vegetarian, you may stop "killing" cows and swines but start killing mice and rabbits

Thank you #34, I was going to say the same thing to #18. Also, #54, you are so dense that it's painful. #18 is not a "polite" vegetarian; they aren't a vegetarian at all. Usually when a meal is prepared, there are meat dishes and side dishes. The OP could have easily ate the side dishes without eating the main dish; I'm sure there was some salad or bread to go with the lasagna. If someone truly gets offended by the fact that she cannot eat what they made because of her dietary preferences, then they need to grow up. The lasagna can easily be consumed by the rest of the family. I'll be damned if some idiot tells me I need to eat meat to be polite. If anything, blame the boyfriend for not mentioning it to begin with.

pinkducttape 0

ha! coffeenicotine's comment was dumb. pick meat out of the lasagna - yeah that wont take long at all. anyways while i view the situation as funny - it would be embarrassing to be in.

Lvelum 0

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Sad day for you!

pinkpiggy77 0

Yeah, I've had similar comments and questions made to me like that. I always say that it doesn't count if you're not digesting his "meat", and cum is only an animal product, like milk, so it's fair game for pesca vegetarians.

Chocolate_Chunk 2

first, it's pescetarian or pesco-vegetarians (mind the 'o') second, it's fine for vegetarians too. vegetarian != vegan

pancakelover 0

Wow! Is his father a creepo or what?

Failercoptor 0

i don't understand vegetarians.... :/