Incognito IRL

By Stressed out mom - 07/03/2018 01:30

Today, my daughter confessed that she’s pregnant from a one-night stand with some guy she met on vacation in Florida a few months ago. The dirtbag never told her his last name and the phone number he gave her was fake. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 135
You deserved it 3 314

Same thing different taste

Top comments

clairecurses 19

it's not completely his fault...

How is he dirt bag? Maybe she shouldn't have slept with someone she just met and knew nothing about it. Or was too stupid to even use a condom.

Comments

Wtf with all the **** shaming and women blaming comments here?

TinScarecrow 15

I'm not a huge fan of shaming, personally, but there has to be some method of keeping idiot 15 y/o's from hooking up with strangers on vacation. If shaming is what it takes shaming is what should be done

boopingsnoot 24

Nobody said the daughter was 15. She could be 25 for all we know!

WeirdUS 29

Sleeping with someone you know nothing about pretty much is about is always a bad idea. Guys that high-five each other for it are stupid, especially in this day and age. The women that expect people to be cool with it 'cause guys do it are just as bad. Two wrongs don't make a right it's a shit choice anyway, but the likely-hood of getting an STD is much higher than 15-20 years ago. Also, never seen a positive/healthy relationship that started with we did it 1 night and then started dating after hooking up a bunch of times.

People who have one night stands usually don't end up in a relationship because it is just that - a one night stand. If you don't want relationship but want sex - masturbation or one night stands/friends with benefits are your options. Or do you suggest people have relationships they don't want just so they use someone for sex? And where did you get that data that about STIs?

DNA test and find out where the scumbag lives

You forgot to add the part about her being drunk. If you'd added that, to would've managed to hit My Stupid Kid Bingo! You already had "one-night stand", "vacation in Florida", "dirtbag with fake name/contact info" and the free center square.

iamchazzi 8

This is the mom posting, not the daughter. Not sure why the OP deserves it when the daughter chose to do something stupid

wow. to all the people saying she raised a **** or she should have told her not to have sex or she should have used a condom... the daughter was gonna do it any way. she can't control her daughters actions especially sex. and that certainly doesn't mean she raised a ****.

onceuponatime456 16

Dirtbag? Did you call your daughter the same thing for spreading her legs on the first date?

viper6 5

I am not saying it is your fault...but teenagers these days are out of control. Some kids make their parents believe they are virgin angels. So yeah. A follow up would be nice. But it sounds like a FYL. and your daughter? SDI

My knowledge is not the best but one night stands usually happen at bars after drinking alot. So the guy wasnt some evil genius planning this all out, just a guy who wanted to get some. Ooo how dare he give her a fake number that's a crime....wait no it's not.

Sorry, mom. I think you’ve fallen for a very old trick. Typically, daughter has been sleeping with boyfriend, or wife has been having an affair. She says, ‘It was a one night stand on vacation (or HS reunion, or business trip, or even rape God forbid). I have no contact information.’ Meanwhile, the affair stays hidden for a while longer, or boyfriend gets to finish his basketball season or gets into his top college choice instead of getting a job to help pay expenses. They still continue to see each other without limitations or consequences.