Great question, I'm glad you asked

By partycats - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I went to a funeral. When I got there, I hugged one of the family members and he asked, "How are you?" Out of habit, I replied, "Good, how about you?" He looked appalled and shouted "How the fuck do you think I am?! My mother just died!" loud enough for everyone to hear. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 998
You deserved it 19 922

Top comments

Jesus Christ, that sucks for you. I understand his mother just died, but seriously, no need to make a scene. It's the same as asking "How are you holding up?"

Wow, talk about over-reaction. FYL for having a family member like that.

Comments

Talk about over reaction... FYL indeed

whitey_fml 0

naaahhhh, that's ALL people ask when someone is supposed to be depressed. "how are you?" "are you doing alright?" "if there's anything I can do..." hes just a little overdramatic, or maybe he doesnt like you very much and wants to make you feel bad. i dont think this is a FML.

291togo 0

Damn. Over react much? He must have read you wrong. Unless you high fived him first

You do realize that you may not exactly be the norm? And there are stages of grief, anger being one of them, and perhaps that was the stage he was in at that moment....

I'm just saying that it's completely unrealistic considering neither me nor my sister where angry at the funeral, EVERYONE was solemn including my mum's parents and my dad. The fact that he shouted in the middle of a funeral may it have been the ceremony or any other part of the day in front of his entire family is highly unrealistic.

but you keep coming back to read and post anyway, right dumb ass?

i agree with ilatsko ppl ask how the family is all the time. it's usually the first thing they say and i highly doubt that was his response.

There are all kinds of people on the earth. How do you know this kid just wasn't a brat?

gclunax 0

Wow... So not ur fault the juss overreacted too much -/-

Just because mom died doesn't give you the OK to be a douche.

kc2_fml 0

over reaction, you couldve meant "how are you feeling" or idk... it just sounds like it would be more related to his emotions of the mom dieing