Great question, I'm glad you asked

By partycats - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I went to a funeral. When I got there, I hugged one of the family members and he asked, "How are you?" Out of habit, I replied, "Good, how about you?" He looked appalled and shouted "How the fuck do you think I am?! My mother just died!" loud enough for everyone to hear. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 998
You deserved it 19 922

Top comments

Jesus Christ, that sucks for you. I understand his mother just died, but seriously, no need to make a scene. It's the same as asking "How are you holding up?"

Wow, talk about over-reaction. FYL for having a family member like that.

Comments

Sadly, I've done the same thing. When my great grandma passed, her son and I had the same conversation. I haven't talked to him since. But I hear from the rest of the family that he thinks I am insensitive. I'm 14, he's 40.

i wouldve done the same thing by accident, but they had a right to get pissed off because obviously their mom just died.

night__shade 0

i did that to a man who had just lost his step-father to cancer. i felt terrible. thankfully, the guy was a good friend with a really great sense of humor, so he gently ribbed me about it without making me feel even worse.

Sarabara4321 0

If I was the person who's mom just died I would have answered like "Crappy But Getting A Little Better"

push_pop 0

Ok, when people asked how I was when my dad died, I didn't get pissy.

push_pop 0

.... I wonder how mad he would have gotten if you didn't say anything. I suspect a "What the ****?! A bitch like you doesn't even care about grieving people?!"

mad_hatter0666 22

he asked you first. what an idiot!

he lost his f-cking mom! how can you guys be so heartless? the reaction may be slightly overboard, but imagine losing someone who cared for you for all your life.