Doubling down

By omgitserika - 18/11/2009 15:09 - United States

Today, I thought my online boyfriend was calling me, so the first line I said was "Hey, Baby." His wife answered with, "This is Jenny. Who's this?" After speaking for thirty minutes, I found out he's married, fifty-eight, and has two kids. I'm seventeen. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 179
You deserved it 71 234

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"online boyfriend". those were the only two words i paid attention to and just clicked YDI.

Haven't you seen any of these Dateline things? Online boyfriend, really? What did you expect?

Comments

nixxx90 0

1. how the hell did a 58 year old guy sound like a 17 year old? 2. you're an idiot

Man, **** the lives of the wife and kids. You got fooled, but they were betrayed big time.

thats what you get for havin an online boyfriendd

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Um...it was online. She'd never met him, apparently. She didn't know he was fifty-eight, and it couldn't have gotten physical, since they'd never met in person.

and that makes the fact that she was having an online 'relationship'-if you can call it that, which I don't- ok? These weird people don't need to meet you, they don't need you to GIVE them your address, they just need dumb young girls. O.o

Erm... Where in my post did you read that I thought it was okay? Kindly don't put words in my mouth, thanks.

Well from the way you said "they had never met"....as if the fact that they hadn't met-yet- meant that it wouldn't get physical... It just came across as "kids it's ok to talk to strangers on the internet and refer to them as your "boyfriend" as long as you don't meet them". and that's really not true .. these people are weird, they have ways of tricking information out of you. Plus, if OP trusted him enough to be calling him her "boyfriend", it was probably only a matter of time before they did meet up. The point is-it's a bad idea to talk to strangers, because they COULD be 58. Not knowing that they are lying won't save you...avoiding speaking to them will

The post I was replying to was completely inaccurate. He thought the OP had met the guy and knew he was 58. I was just correcting him.

If it makes you feel any better I understood what you meant at first. How it wouldn't get physical just simple because they haven't met. I think it was as simple as that. Some people feel the need to continue to argue over a computer, instead of just saying, "Oh, that makes sense." to make themselves feel better.

Now, I'm not against the whole "online" thing - I met my boyfriend online (we started dating 2 years later, when we actually met in person). However, why are you calling him your "boyfriend" before you've even met? That just reeks of stupidity.

Agreed. My boyfriend and I met through a forum we were both members of. But we started out as friends and then went from there...we didn't even discuss the whole boyfriend/girlfriend thing until after we'd known each other for a while and met several times. I don't even understand how a girl can call someone her boyfriend if all she does is talk to him online (and possibly "show him things" online, as current *****-culture dictates). I just..don't get it. It must be a teen thing. -___-

Online boyfriend? What the ... ? Calling someone you haven't even met before your 'boyfriend' is kinda...eh, creepy?

Tarynkd^^^THIS! 1) You don't EVER trust anyone you meet online, at least not without looking into their background and making sure they really are who they say they are. I don't care if the relationship is platonic (friendship) or romantic (lover), you don't just go around believing everything a person says to you! 2) How can a guy be your boyfriend if you've only talked online? That's just unbelievably immature, and considering that you're only a year away from adulthood, one would THINK you'd have a bit more common sense than that. First you start with friendship and casual conversation. Then, IF YOU'RE A MATURE AND RESPONSIBLE ADULT, you can arrange to talk over the phone, and eventually meet up (in a safe and public place) after getting to know each other and verifying certain facts. But you're not an adult. You're a crazy little kid from Cali. And do you know what that means? That means that YOU DON'T START FORMING "RELATIONSHIPS" WITH PEOPLE YOU MEET ON THE INTERNET. 3) Didn't your Mommy and Daddy teach you to never give out your personal information to strangers? Such as your PHONE NUMBER? 4) I'm wondering how old you told him YOU were. Knowing how girls like you act online, I'll hazard a guess that you didn't tell him YOUR real age either. 5) Let's face it. There's usually only one thing a 58 year old man wants from an underage girl: cybersex. He gets you to flash your **** and puss all over the internet, talk dirty to him a few nights a week, and he promises you his undying love, that you'll always be together, that he'll take care of you, blah blah blah. Well, now your ****** is plastered all over the internet, you have no self-respect left, AND you've probably broken up a marriage. Nice going. YDI. Next time try keeping your cyber-coot in your cyber-panties.

Why don't you have a seat right over there?

you- are- so- sad- I have no words as to how much of an idiot you are

Nice one... have you NEVER seen the news? *head-desk*