Do you even lift, bro?

By Anonymous - 11/08/2013 04:24 - United States

Today, while working out in the gym, I spotted a very attractive girl. I decided to pick up the heaviest dumbbell to show off how much I could curl. She ended up driving me to the hospital because I burst into tears after tearing up my bicep and deltoid. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 575
You deserved it 66 910

Same thing different taste

Top comments

There are other ways to impress a girl than picking up some heavy weights, which you can't.

lenamartinovic 13

At least you got a chance to spend time with her, even though you made a fool out of yourself!

Comments

The easier they break, the more they swoon.

Ins0mau 20

Weak doesn't equal sensitive.

tangonaf 16

Did you know that in frightful situations, where you have a lot of adrenaline pumped through your body, you fall in love more easy. So maybe the whole situation all together made her actually like you.

That's worse than the last guy who shit himself doing almost the same thing.

Way to prove the stereotype of gym guys being meatheads.

She saw you at least...and kind of got to know her...

Steve95401 49

At least OP didn't get a hernia, which often happens when somebody tries to pick up something way too heavy.

You don't develop hernias by lifting weights or doing similar exercises, you only make apparent ones which were already present, as said on QI.

46, there are different types and various causes for hernias, and heavy lifting is one of them. So is straining too much while going to the toilet.

Pretty sure you're thinking of hemorrhoids, #59.

That was a pretty dumb thing to do to be honest.

you deserved it for trying to show off when you should have just been your normal self.

At least she still cared enough to drive you to the hospital..