The arrogance of youth

By reese - 11/06/2020 05:03

Today, as always, I had to have my dad help me with my computer issues. Isn’t it supposed to be the other way around? FML
I agree, your life sucks 963
You deserved it 545

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mccuish 25

I always got my dad to help me with my computer since he works with computers

Screw you, you ageist! I'm better with computers than many youngsters. Lots of them are dependent on apps and don't know lots of the basics.

Comments

Screw you, you ageist! I'm better with computers than many youngsters. Lots of them are dependent on apps and don't know lots of the basics.

IlTiramisuEBuono 6

Yes! I’m relatively good at them but only cause I’ve used them for a long time. My dad, though, is a computer GEEK. He’s the one who always helps my family when we get new laptops or phones or whatever.

My dads a computer scientist so I always go to him for any technology issues. That being said alotta older people don’t get technology and some younger we just grew up more around it . As long as you don’t have to have him help set up your social media or show you how to accept a friend request not really an fml at least you have someone to help you .

mccuish 25

I always got my dad to help me with my computer since he works with computers

bloopaloop 27

Did you know Fanuc robot programming language is almost identical to the programs you can write on your Ti-83 calculator used in algebra class? Quit twitting and learn to do something useful with the technology at your fingertips.

Just because someone’s older than you doesn’t mean they’re technologically challenged. Its a stereotype yeah but its not always the case. No need to feel embarrassed.

ojoRojo 27

No? Who cares if he knows more about computers than you do? If he’s helpful, then you’re set

Um... no? My dad has worked on computers for his career most of his life and he helps me all the time. He's 63 and I'm 32 and he still knows more about them than I do. If I can't figure something out, I ask him and not my husband. So age is just a number in this situation.