Defense!

By ruined_suit - 17/04/2009 21:12 - United States

Today, I came home from work to find that my neighbor's trash bins were still on the curb. While returning the bins to her backyard, her kid ran out and shot me with a paintball gun. Multiple times. He thought I was a burglar and ruined my new suit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 105
You deserved it 7 123

Same thing different taste

Top comments

damn man. that does suck. my suggestion... get a paintball gun and have some fun of your own :p jk. dont do that.

caligal14 0

While I don't really know the whole story, but I do know that my neighbors are really nice and just the type of people that would put our trashcans or whatever back in our driveway if they blew away or we left them out, and we'd do the same for them, so... fyl.

Comments

sinbadmac 0

Just be glad it was paint and not something worse like a BB, pellet or airsoft. Personally when I'm not expecting someone I grab a shotgun with rubber bullets. To everyone saying that it will wash out, you have no way of knowing that. Silk for example gets stained by everything including water. Also not all paintballs are easily removed. Some tournament grade paint balls are difficult and would leave some stain on many suit fabrics, granted it is unlikely that he was shooting tournament grade paint.

Paintball doesn't ruin clothing, unless you leave it unattended. It's biodegradable. Just wash it off.

I personally would consider it creepy if someone brought my trash bins back up, of course I've had my recycling bins stolen before. True story. Don't ask me why, I mean it WAS a big recycling bin but seriously you can get that shit for free. Side note, the kid thought you were a robber in a SUIT? That'd be pretty epic.

Why are you criticizing this guy for being friends with his neighbor? I've lived in different types of neighborhoods, and in the one I grew up in everyone helped each other out. No big deal.

withfire 0

To all the YDI's: he's just trying to be a good neighbor, how is that "creepy?" Are you all so ostracized that you never talk to your neighbors and immediately call the cops if they so much as step foot on your lawn?

What an idiot. A burglar who steals trash bins?

i would have jst left the ******* cans there

#24, you sound dumb, and like a sissy. They don't "hurt like hell". They sting a bit. I mean, come on, people shoot each other with them for FUN. If they "hurt like hell", it wouldn't be very fun. No doubt it wasn't very comfortable, but realistically, it's not going to stop any serious burglar. A paintball gun is a toy and a training weapon, but unless his was setup for military use (I doubt) it's not going to hurt that badly, especially through a suit, which tend to be think. Think before you post. Furthermore, the kid really should recognize his neighbors by now, if the neighbors are friendly enough to help put away each other's garbage.

efmivida 0

oh, i totally agree with the kid, i mean all my burgulers wear suits and try to steal my garbage before entering my home...

All of you that said YDI are dumbasses. And personally, I would not get that mad if he "touched my shit." That's exactly what it is. "shit." I wish I had a neighbor whose kind enough to put away my trash cans if I forgot. And # 61, if the kid that shot him with paintballs did not know who he was, I wouldn't blame him, because he's probably a trigger-happy dumb piece of shit whose gonna end up in the army anyways.