No, you don't

By tianap89 - 15/11/2023 00:00

Today, I’m eating a salad with a sparkling water once again. I’m 7 months pregnant. My husband says he’ll leave me if I ever get too fat after I give birth. I can’t afford to be a single mom, nor leave the marriage, so this is the cross I have to bear. FML
I agree, your life sucks 788
You deserved it 239

Same thing different taste

Top comments

No; you can’t afford to stay with him. He won’t be any better of a father than he is a husband. You’re starving your baby - did you think about that? There is help. If you can’t get it from your family and friends, there are organizations. GET AWAY FROM HIM.

leave him, baby up for adoption, start a new life that doesn't suck ass with someone who isn't a raging asshole

Comments

leave him, baby up for adoption, start a new life that doesn't suck ass with someone who isn't a raging asshole

No; you can’t afford to stay with him. He won’t be any better of a father than he is a husband. You’re starving your baby - did you think about that? There is help. If you can’t get it from your family and friends, there are organizations. GET AWAY FROM HIM.

easybree 9

um? omg… girl leave, give the baby up.. cause why would you even wanna bring a baby into this kind of marriage?

This is so sad to hear. Having a baby should be THE moment of couples and relationship. This sounds like a very abusive future, and if your main concern is the money it means you already knows that. I hope you'll find the right path for you that will put you back on the way to happiness.

You are endangering and probably damaging your childs development for an arsehole and the money. How does that make you mother material? You realise that if your child is born with developmental issues, ie, not a perfect child then he's not going to want it? That by staying with him, you are damning that child to being treated like this as well? Instead of just crying to the internet for sympathy, how about you pull your big girl pants up, fully document his coercive, controlling and abusive behaviour and then file for divorce and child support? There's X number of organisations that can help you save both yourself and your child from this situation.

ElizibethRose 4

AFTER you give birth. Not before. This can't be good for the baby.

Even after birth, it's normal to take a couple of months to deflate. There's a reason why new mothers have to bring clothes that fit for a six-months pregnancy to the hospital.

Leave him right now, and sue his misogynist ass for child support and alimony. That is emotional abuse that could quickly turn into physical abuse. It's not good for you or your baby to essentially starve yourself.