Cliché for real

By fuckinghicks - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, while going on a jog through the countryside, I discovered that it is actually possible outside of crappy TV shows to have a rifle leveled at you, and to be shouted at to, "Get off my land." FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 319
You deserved it 17 700

Same thing different taste

By stressedartist - 09/09/2016 12:43 - United States

Today, I ran over Oprah. FML
I agree, your life sucks 499
You deserved it 70

Top comments

Sinamoi 18

Ol' Man Jenkins is not pleased with all these whippersnappers on his lawn.

you don't deserve a gun being pointed at you but you shouldn't run on someone's private property either

Comments

hillbillyboy1993 7

huh...didnt know you'd be on fml dont come back neither!!! :D

abbiyroad 16

This works so well with your username 27. I'm sure you noticed that

Where I come from, it's posted signs on every other tree.

KingCeltic77 18

I just hope you decide against stealing his Gran Torino. Don't get mixed up with those Asian gangsters either.

toalysium 15

Nice user name... That land owner obviously showed you exactly as much respect as your trespassing ass deserved.

Except there is a MASSIVE difference between unknowingly stumbling onto someone's field and threatening someone with a gun. But hey, I personally just don't understand why anyone's reaction to simply finding someone on your property would be to get a gun out (unless of course you own just a house and no land) so maybe I just don't 'get' it because I'm from a non-American inner city...

TheDrifter 23

Inner city folk usually don't understand. Basically, to a land owner, his property is hundreds of acres of house he can't lock. Finding someone "jogging" out by the barn, with millions of dollars worth of equipment in it, or by the grain bins, with the potential for him to be an eco nut who would poison the food supply, are very serious threats. That's why the no trespassing signs, and why they run off uninvited visitors in such a direct manner.

Yeah, cus some guy unwittingly jogging onto someone's massive property deserves having a gun pointed at him. That's totally called for. Someone levels a gun at me for making a mistake, I think they've earned the title f-ing hick.

I had a similar thing happen once except it was in the suburbs and the owner didn't want me too close to her sidewalk.

She owns a sidewalk... Maybe I've lived in the "hood" too long, but I'm amazed at this.

It was only to intimidate you to actually leave. If they asked nicely, you probably wouldn't have cared and just kept jogging on their property.

If someone asked me I would've said 'oh, sorry' and moved straightaway. I don't need a gun to my head, I have this thing called courtesy.

Well a lot of people aren't that nice. And like a lot of other people have said, if he had his gun at the ready, chances are he's had other problems with people trying to break into things, or just not leaving after he's asked.

Did he follow it up with "gosh you got a purdy mouth..."?