Cliché for real

By fuckinghicks - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, while going on a jog through the countryside, I discovered that it is actually possible outside of crappy TV shows to have a rifle leveled at you, and to be shouted at to, "Get off my land." FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 319
You deserved it 17 700

Same thing different taste

By stressedartist - 09/09/2016 12:43 - United States

Today, I ran over Oprah. FML
I agree, your life sucks 499
You deserved it 70

Top comments

Sinamoi 18

Ol' Man Jenkins is not pleased with all these whippersnappers on his lawn.

you don't deserve a gun being pointed at you but you shouldn't run on someone's private property either

Comments

Why_Not31 12

You've never had that happen to you? Hey, at least he didn't have a pack of hunting dogs. Hell, I've been chased by this one dog pack and an old dude with a rifle more times than I can recall clearly. Then again, I do live out in the boonies, and I must admit, after the first time, I was kinda doing it just for kicks. And he does have 'no trespassing signs.' I just mess with him cuz he's an old sourpuss, and I think he secretly enjoys the chase, cuz he gets all puffed up whenever we cross in town, He's not the only dude with a rifle who's leveled one at me, just the most memorable, what with the dogs and the distance he'll chase. Most people just have to protect themselves out here. I mean, the police take a good 30-40 minutes just to get this far out, toting rifles and whatnot is our first line of defense. I mean, everyone's got a couple of rifles racked up, and a bunch of other stuff that's a little less conventional. Like the dogs and knives and some odd munitions and various traps. Just don't knowingly trespass or rile anybody, and you should be fine.

Well now ya know not to trespass next time how is this thing telling me anti flood protection with only this one comment

Michellec9982 18

No shit I spent half my child hood running through the woods and getting chased by people like that

Were you, by any chance, running on Clint Eastwood's property?

Lol I learned the same thing but instead of a rifle it was a pit bull... It was probably a "farmer" and I'd avoid that area

Fantastic....I picture him toothless and wearing dungarees!

krs7g4 8

You were running in the 'countryside' and didn't think anyone owned the land you were on? You're a dumbass. ******* city people.

Ignore the idiots blaiming you without knowing the whole story. I DID grow up in the middle of nowheresville (Is a 1 mile dirt road walk to the school bus stop then 27 mile drive to my school enough "country" for those of you calling her a city slicker?) There are A LOT of dirt roads that are actually private property to a farm but not fenced off or posted. People can be crazy sometimes. My best friend's uncle flipped out on me for "being on his property" The situation? I was walking along the RR to her house, and he later said he drove by and saw me walking "on his property" because I was walking on the shoulder of the road, about 18 inches from the pavement. There's also a local woodsy park here that has many trails, and 2 of them apparently cross right into private property. Signs were only recently posted because there was no way for years to know that it wasn't park property. Know the whole story before you go blaiming her or not -.- She may have been tresspassing, but you generally go jogging along roads or trails, not random driveways and fields.

appologies if the OP is a "him" can't read the tiny writing on this small screen to see the name.