Cliché for real

By fuckinghicks - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, while going on a jog through the countryside, I discovered that it is actually possible outside of crappy TV shows to have a rifle leveled at you, and to be shouted at to, "Get off my land." FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 319
You deserved it 17 700

Same thing different taste

By stressedartist - 09/09/2016 12:43 - United States

Today, I ran over Oprah. FML
I agree, your life sucks 499
You deserved it 70

Top comments

Sinamoi 18

Ol' Man Jenkins is not pleased with all these whippersnappers on his lawn.

you don't deserve a gun being pointed at you but you shouldn't run on someone's private property either

Comments

Us ******* hicks would prefer if you would jog on the side of a road or a jogging trail, not just the "countryside". Just because someone's backyard is 20 acres doesn't mean they want to share it with condescending yuppies.

That's actually kind of hilarious. Don't get me wrong I'm sure it was scary as hell and I don't want to demean that, but since you lived to post about it I'm not going to feel bad about chuckling at this. And ignore the haters telling you that you deserved it for not immediately assuming it was someone's land; if you're not from that area, I think you should be allowed to make an innocent mistake or two.

I wouldn't go so far as to point a rifle at you. I'd have a gun with me just in case though. You still shouldn't have been trespassing op.

I don't get some of these responses. 1) Did you know it was someone's property? Can't assume you did. 2) if someone is clearly just running through my property, and not hanging around or causing trouble, I wouldn't be the least bit bothered by it.

Wadlaen 23

Obviously you were on the wrong land...