Cheap ass

By fme - 24/09/2009 05:24 - United States

Today, I took the family to the Rainforest Café. There was no parking and I hate having to pay $12 for valet parking. I parked at Walgreens across the street in the only spot without a "Patrons only, violators will be towed" sign. It was covered by the tree branches. It cost me $225 for the cab and fine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 684
You deserved it 44 313

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I hate the way you worded your FML, buddy.

THANK YOU!! Finally, someone that I can agree with. It takes five more seconds to write out complete sentences with correct spelling and grammar. Talking in "computer" and "text" talk has turned us into morons and is the reason why so many of you idiots don't even know how to spell half the words you use or how to properly construct sentences. Congratulations, you use "no" to spell "know". This just proves to the world you are a dumb ass.

Comments

wow, all you people are mean. how does she deserve it if she couldn't see the sign?

I normally get too much anxiety to park in a lot where they threaten to tow non-patrons, but when I do so, I always go into the store first to purchase a small item, like a drink or some candy. That way, if you get towed, you can argue that you bought something in the time frame, that way making you a patron of their store, and the towing unjustified. Not sure if it would hold up in court, but gives me more peace of mind.

are u stupid? this is probably fake. If this was a real one and the sign was really covered how would the people at it know too? also wow are u cheap? why wouldnt u pay for valet ? u dissapoint me

You can appeal the fine! If the branches were covering the sign, that's your problem and you were in your right to park there.

YDI for taking the fam to the Rainforest Cafe. Showoff much?

satanstoystore 0

so you thought they paid for that land and cement for that 1 spot to be generous to other businesses? ydi.

I hope the OP isn't the kind of man to make his family feel like crap about it. You might have heard of that type; the kind that grumbles, complains, yells, bitches, and whines about it and ruins the good mood of everyone else because something bad happens - making them feel like if they had never gone along with the idea of going there or if they had never suggested it etc, then it never would have happened and it somehow must be their fault. I've seen that type. Oh and YDI. :) You, not your family.

baseballboy6595 0

I bet this has already been posted, but if this really happened (which it probably did, doesnt seem fake) I am pretty sure they cannot fine you. I THINK, I am not sure. I know that there is a law where I live (might be everywhere, might not) where if a sign is covered, legally they cannot fine you. Im not sure how this works, it might just be for speed limit signs, but I really dont know. All I can say is look into what I just talked about. Do some research and see what surfaces, if there is a similar law in your area, look at how it applies to your situation. Im glad if I save you 250 dollars, Im sorry if this doesnt.

indy00chic 0

there's not a rainforest cafe in indiana..so were you you on a vacation or traveling? just wondering cause if not b/s?

ah, I love rainforest cafe. I haven't been there in forever.