Driving is expensive

By Bladerunner - 01/12/2011 09:49 - United States

Today, my car was towed. After taking a cab all the way to the lot for $45 and paying the $250 fee to get my car back, my car broke down in the impound lot and needed to be towed to the nearest shop, where it took another $200 to fix, and $50 for the towing. I still have a 3-hour drive home. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 210
You deserved it 3 532

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Never wanted to say FYL so much in my life until now.

Llamassss 21

Don't park illegally next time.

Comments

rbr0wn 3

Should've watched some Parking Wars and maybe you would've know where not to park.

Is this the governor that got his car towed by the meter maid in a different FML?.... Lol

OP is lucky that fixing the car was only $200. But hey, at least he got the car back!

Badab1ng 5

Use this as a pickup line in a bar. "yea I have this car, it's a classic and needs Alot of work, but it's okay because I have plenty of money". Girls can't resist a guy with a car and money. Unless you look like Gary Busey, in which case I'm sorry.

All that money while OP could have easily imported a camel. I mean why do people even still use cars?

KVKdragon 26

Speed? AC? Cargo transportation?

The_Troller 14

Maybe he does have camels. Two of them. Which he stores in his tiny car.

I'm so sorry I can't resist myself. * A lot There.... All better..

Never wanted to say FYL so much in my life until now.

jwade11 12

Talk bout extreme bad luck! If I was OP, I'd be afraid to even drive home!

kikiwi_fml 9

This is really an fml situation. Sorry man!

bibbster18 11

This reminds me of The Hangover..

Dudelike89 8

82- It's just like it! Except for the part where op isn't hungover trying to find a lost friend who is on a roof...

Llamassss 21

Don't park illegally next time.

I thought illegal meant good. I mean all the people who do illegal things seem to be pretty succesful in their lives lately, especially where I live.

That sucks, next time try to find a legal parking spot

Only $50 for towing? Where the hell do you live?

$45 for the cab ride there.. Where the hell did you learn to read?

You know I learned something today.. make sure you double check the person you make fun of. Feel free to bury the shit out of my previous comment.

GreenAppleDP 0
Takuya272727 16

I heard it's cheaper to hire a tow truck than a cab. 15¢ per few minutes for cab if I recall, and 10¢ per few minutes for tow truck. This was a while back though, information does change.

KINGKATES215 1

Your saying only $50 for towing I'm thinking only $45 for the cab for a 3hr ride WHERE THE **** DO YOU LIVE!!!

shift_love 13

Chevy! Built to under perform! Better luck on your next vehicle. Maybe the tow company sabotaged your car in cahoots with the shop to make some extra money.

shift_love 13

Yea? Even Volkswagen? I don't think so. Those things are turds. They do all right with Audi though.

cj7geojeep 0

Chevy hasn't been good in a long time unfortunately. Ford has stepped up there quality of trucks though, in order to compete with Nissan's Titan, and Toyota's Tundra. Not sure about Chevy's quality of trucks though.

shift_love 13

57, I'm not sure what you meant by 10. But I'm a die hard Nissan enthusiast. Hence the name shift_love. Nissans ad campaign revolves around "shift_(whatever)".

Maybe I should become a tow truck driver! FYL for having this shot happen right before Christmas. Hope your luck changes!!