Can't be bothered, TBH

By bummer.. - 02/03/2013 06:05 - United States

Today, I found out that the man I just married doesn't want to have children. We had this conversation multiple times with no problems before getting married, but now he would "rather die" than have children, because according to him, they would ruin his life. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 953
You deserved it 5 801

Same thing different taste

Top comments

hellobobismyname 24

I may be wrong about this so anyone is free to correct me, but I think that's reasonable grounds for divorce. If you wanted kids and he knew that, and he fooled you about wanting them himself, then that's an enormous problem. I hope you don't feel like there's nothing you can do now. No man can take motherhood away from you. I say try to work things out and find out why he suddenly changed his mind, but if he lied just to get you to marry him then please leave. That's just so disrespectful..

I think dying would ruin his life too. So he's screwed either way.

Comments

Jeez - #51, you sound like you have experience. It's people like you that make others never want kids.

I've long thought that a lot of guys wind up having kids because they put off talking about it early in the relationship, and by the time it becomes an issue, they feel they're in too deep to back out. This guy obviously is a jerk for lying, but it would be better if more guys held their ground on the issue, especially if they're honest early on.

ardencred 7

Annulment! Bloody selfish bastard!!!

He's a bastard for lying, but he's not selfish for not wanting kids.

madgrinchhatter 12

They also bring much joy to peoples' lives. It just depends on whether a person wants children or not.

Listen to him! I'm sure eventually you'll have kids but for now, enjoy life & get to really know each other!

Divorce him then! Some people don't want noisy, ******** $250,000 dollar fines

If he lied to you, you can divorce him based on fraud

adam_night 9

Kinda true, once you have em things change for a while.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

You need to cut him loose because you don't have all eternity to wait for children especially with someone who doesn't want them. You need to make it adamantly clear that's not going to fly. I you go to counseling and he still hasn't changed his mind then move on. It'll hurt but it's better than being angry down the road because you didn't lead the life you wanted to lead.