Can't be bothered, TBH

By bummer.. - 02/03/2013 06:05 - United States

Today, I found out that the man I just married doesn't want to have children. We had this conversation multiple times with no problems before getting married, but now he would "rather die" than have children, because according to him, they would ruin his life. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 953
You deserved it 5 801

Same thing different taste

Top comments

hellobobismyname 24

I may be wrong about this so anyone is free to correct me, but I think that's reasonable grounds for divorce. If you wanted kids and he knew that, and he fooled you about wanting them himself, then that's an enormous problem. I hope you don't feel like there's nothing you can do now. No man can take motherhood away from you. I say try to work things out and find out why he suddenly changed his mind, but if he lied just to get you to marry him then please leave. That's just so disrespectful..

I think dying would ruin his life too. So he's screwed either way.

Comments

clue_me_in 20

Get out while you can,OP. I love some of the people here generalizing ALL children here like they were never one themselves. Are some children terrible? Yes. Do people ever think they might be a product of how they were/are raised? Some of you can **** off. I know plenty of sweet and caring children

The problem is that idiot flat out lied about a fundamental part of a married relationship! It's fine to not want children but not to mislead someone else about something so important. Dump his sorry ass! If you don't, you'll become increasingly bitter about this. You deserve an honest partner who has the same basic goals as you.

You should have found that out BEFORE you married him.

You know, if you weren't illiterate, you'd have seen that she already did discuss it before getting married.

You should practice the art of comprehending what you read.

He's really an asshole for not telling you earlier !!!

Listen to him-there is much wisdom in his words...

I know the feeling. I'm going through same thing. My husband had told me before we got married that he would like to have kids since I raised the subject several times to make sure we were on the same page. Afterwards, when I brought up the fact that I'm getting older and would like to start trying he told me he changed his mind.

ydi for marrying him without discussing everything you wanted in your marriage

If you waste your time and energy changing his mind, you may never have a happily ever after. It will be your fault when you can't afford something.. Because you had to have a kid. If children are that important to you, find someone amazing who wants to be a father.. Or stay married and accept kids aren't in your future and be ok with it.

As a joke you should tell him you're pregnant.

Sorry for your trouble - maybe ask him what made him change his mind. I made a choice not to have children because my fiancee-now-spouse has always trouble earning a paycheck and I don't want to be a faux-single parent.