Boomer humor

By Anonymous - 25/11/2010 02:49 - United States

Today, I celebrated my birthday. When asked last week, I said I wanted a keyboard. When I opened the present, my parents went into hysterics. It was an electronic Dora the Explorer keyboard. I've been studying music composition and theory for six years. They think my major's a joke. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 879
You deserved it 6 139

Same thing different taste

Top comments

piepieburger 0

I'd just yell "f**k you!" and then frisbee throw it at their faces.

chelle_starlight 0

aww...sorry to that hear that, op...but that's what Black Friday is all about...time for a keyboard redemption...

Comments

OP-- Try to study something they can better understand like "GET A ******* JOB AND YOUR OWN KEYBOARD"! If you are in a situation where a gift of just love will be a disappointment to you, then you expect too much. GROW UP!

it was her ******* bday u jackass! even if she has a job she can still tell her parents what she wants for her bday if they ask.

kaijapapaya 0

What makes you think that? I don't understand why every one keeps saying that music composition is a joke of a major. It takes a lot of skill and talent. Music majors are some of the hardest working college students. Their classes are low credits, but require immense amounts of practice. Most music degrees take more than four years to complete. What about that is a joke? Not to mention that even if OP can't get a job in the music industry, studies have shown that there is a direct correlation between playing a musical instrument and IQ. In other words, musicians are generally smart. To get into law school, a Bachelor of Music is now the third most likely undergraduate degree to get you in. Music even qualifies as it's own language. You have to be able to read, write, and "speak" it, no? Which means that music majors are technically bilingual. So next time you bash on music majors and call them "jokes", consider the facts. It's a lot harder than people think. *end of rant*

f3rD1 0

my music teacher was a lawyer...

It is possible they couldn't afford a real one. However, it is quite sad they don't take your major/future career very seriously.

Bcaw 0

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this.... bbut your major is a joke.

canyouwangchung 0

Jesus kid, get a sense of humor, FTL for having a kid who thinks to highly of himself. rewire the damn thing to a USB port and plug it up to a computer for better sound so you can whine that no one respects your music through your music. Art is hard. try not to die at 26.

Six years is nothing in the music industry. Would have been more funny if you had been studying for fifteen, twenty or so.

fun fact: 99% of successful musicians (more so since the invention of reverb and autotune) didnt even get through high school. so yeah, sorry but your major is a joke.

fun fact: you're extremely stupid. the invention of reverb?

ItsAlexFool 0

fun fact: 100% of those "successful musicians" will not remembered in 300, 100, 50 or even 10 years. It will STILL be names like Mussorgsky, Mozart, Hadyn, and Debussy, all of whom either studied music prolifically at school or through their families. Another fun fact? You're a dumbass.

lilbuni2004 1

lighten up. it was a joke. and u didn't say what kind of keyboard. so u got what u wanted. : p

dhsdlbass2 1

thats an awesome major. im majoring in the same thing! dont let no one bring you down on wats your passion/life. keep your head up! music=life