Boomer humor

By Anonymous - 25/11/2010 02:49 - United States

Today, I celebrated my birthday. When asked last week, I said I wanted a keyboard. When I opened the present, my parents went into hysterics. It was an electronic Dora the Explorer keyboard. I've been studying music composition and theory for six years. They think my major's a joke. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 879
You deserved it 6 139

Same thing different taste

Top comments

piepieburger 0

I'd just yell "f**k you!" and then frisbee throw it at their faces.

chelle_starlight 0

aww...sorry to that hear that, op...but that's what Black Friday is all about...time for a keyboard redemption...

Comments

they probably think your major is a joke because it IS!

bfsd42 20

6 years for a music major? What's up with that?

Lenoraa 0

yeah. sounds like my parents. I wanted to go into music and writing and my mom said she wouldn't pay for my college if I did.

Now THIS I find hilarious!!!! This is something me and my family would do to each other.

be glad they didnt get you a computer keyboard :P

gman79 0

six years is a long time to study for a job at burger king

gtrgdss 0

been there. my parents never saw music as a viable vocation. I'm 42 and very accomplished and my dad still doesn't. you should see the looks I get in business college from the others when I tell them I'm a professional musician. not very pretty!

Also been there. My parents didn't see my career choice as a viable option, either. They kept harrassing me to become a teacher because that's what my father wanted to do. He repeated the pattern of his parents, who wouldn't pay for his college unless he studied business, which was their career choice for him, so picking a career for your kids seems to be the family tradition. My brother dutifully became a teacher as ordered (he sucks at it and hates it, he is one of those lazy, useless bums who have tenure and do the bare minimum, then blow out of the building the minute the bell rings). I resisted and paid the price in lack of support (financial and moral) and public ridicule. You never saw two people more angry and disgusted and distainful toward their own child and my big sin was going to the college I chose to study what I chose instead of their choice of community college for 2 years followed by "Diddly-squat U" to study teaching, exactly what my brother did. I got a scholarship and they were beyond furious because it meant they couldn't use money to control me. Normal parents would be thrilled to have the financial burden all but lifted but my selfish asshole parents thought, "SHIT, the rotten bitch got a lot of money. Now we can't jerk her around!" I had been saving for college since I was a little girl, realizing at a very young age that I had an uphill climb, so I took the money and bought a car. Once I left for college I never lived with them again. They showed up at my college graduation and I have a hilarious photo of the three of us. They both look furious and I heard my mother say to my father, "God damn this ******* bitch to hell, she did it and now we have to put up with it." You know it's over when your mother condemns you to Hades for having the audacity to pull yourself up by your own bootstraps and get a college degree.

So why do you speak to them still bankrupt? If my parents said/did that to me, bye bye and nice knowing ya

#149 ok that's a total over reaction to a joke and they're your parents

FFML_314 11

Of course you've been there, Bankrupt. You have a relating story to every FML published. Your life must be crazy.

Sounds like they were having fun with you. How long after you got the "gift" did you come on here and post this? I ask because I do the same thing with my kids and nephews all the time, buying them a gag gift for Christmas and birthdays, and watch how they react then bring out the real gift later on.