Boomer humor

By Anonymous - 25/11/2010 02:49 - United States

Today, I celebrated my birthday. When asked last week, I said I wanted a keyboard. When I opened the present, my parents went into hysterics. It was an electronic Dora the Explorer keyboard. I've been studying music composition and theory for six years. They think my major's a joke. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 879
You deserved it 6 139

Same thing different taste

Top comments

piepieburger 0

I'd just yell "f**k you!" and then frisbee throw it at their faces.

chelle_starlight 0

aww...sorry to that hear that, op...but that's what Black Friday is all about...time for a keyboard redemption...

Comments

zebrapattern 6

um, I agree with your parents. don't you see the world we're living in? music composition isn't going to do anything for you. but it's okay, in 30 years when your arthritis is too bad and you can't play any more instruments and you have nothing to fall back on, then you can give your parents the satisfaction of telling them they were right.

Your major isn't a joke, but unless you're working on your Master's or Doctorate, the fact that you've been studying ut for 6 years is a joke. That means you wasted at least your first year on unnecessary classes.

It's hard to know out of context but maybe asking for a keyboard was a bit much for your parents to shell out on. There are a lot of kids on FML who seem to think that their parents owe them the moon for their birthday. it's just a day, like any other. Yes, it's nice to celebrate, but maybe they don't have $500 for a PC or fancy keyboard or whatever kids seem to expect. You could try asking for "a contribution to a keyboard" or similar & see if they react better. And incidentally, if you are old enough to be at college/university (I don't really know the US system) then maybe they think that they've supported you for long enough already.

jeffandjeff 22

Learn to take a joke - at least you got a gift.

Write and license your music and buy your own