By drugbaby - 18/12/2009 19:23 - United States

Today, I was talking to my aunt about my brother's recent arrest for drug possession. I proudly told her that I have never done drugs of any kind. Her response: "Well, actually you were born addicted to heroin, so you had a drug problem long before your brother." FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 095
You deserved it 3 740

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wait, so....F your life because you were born addicted to heroin and havent touched any type of drug since that time? Obviously, it didn't affect you all that badly. Two of my cousins were born the same way and have had learning disabilities because of it. What did it do to you??

Uh wait, are you saying it's NOT a good thing to not have done drugs? Loser.

Comments

It was a joke, and you should treat it as such...

How is this even an FML? YDI it for being a asskiss. Get some friends and a life.

Not a joke... If the mom does heroine while pregnant the baby essentially is doing it too. Then when the baby is born and no longer has as secure a hookup, he/she goes through withdrawal. But yes, one can be born addicted to heroine.

Dixie_Normous 0

Yes, everyone knows it's possible #46, that doesn't necessarily mean it's true. And it's spelled "heroin," Kurt.

bobbyjoe123 0

Wow lol. F the moms life cuz she's a mother ****** for doing drugs

Yes it is entirely possible to be addicted to a drug(s) when born 'cause of your mothers drug problem. I was a drug baby as well.

Yes it is entirely possible to be addicted to a drug(s) when born 'cause of your mothers drug problem. I was a drug baby as well.

Wait, so....F your life because you were born addicted to heroin and havent touched any type of drug since that time? Obviously, it didn't affect you all that badly. Two of my cousins were born the same way and have had learning disabilities because of it. What did it do to you??

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Uh wait, are you saying it's NOT a good thing to not have done drugs? Loser.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I would disagree. Since, for a lot of teens, doing drugs is something they give in to because their friends do and pressure them to join, having pride in not being pressured to do drugs is not unwarranted. Sure, some kids actually choose to do drugs, but for those that have been around them and have made a choice against it, being proud is just fine.

I'm gonna have to agree with White667. Boasting about how proud you are to have not done drugs seems egotistical, given the situation. Having a family member in jail should be difficult and heart breaking, not a chance to gloat about how much better you are then that family member.

The majority of people DO do drugs. Cigarettes, pills, alcohol, caffeine.

It sounded to me like a throw-away comment to me that is really not meant to be analysed to a great extent. I think she is just proud for not falling to the same level as her brother who is in jail for breaking the law, thus she probably resisted whatever bad things he was doing and hence deserves to be proud. I'm not saying that drugs are satan in reincarnate just that, in my experience, people don't get put in jail for small amounts of drugs for personal use. I know they can but, people who are smart about it usually arn't usually put in jail. Also, having her brother go to jail is hardly heart breaking. He broke the law and is paying for it, it's not as if she will never see him again

"Hardly heartbreaking" ? Having someone you supposedly care about addicted to drugs, seeing them throw their life away, is "hardly heartbreaking" ? Alright, let us think for a minute. The OP was born addicted to heroine. Did we stop to think there may be a drug problem in the family, that her brother and her have struggled with their whole lives ? Yes, she should be proud she was able to raise herself above it, but she should be understanding of her brother, who was probably also BORN ADDICTED, rather than gloat about it.

M0rt 0

it turned her into an ego tistical bitch

Ummmmm no 28 you are wrong. Not doing drugs is something to proud of. There is ALOT of peer pressure and if you are able to overcome that you should be proud of yourself. I am in high school and I have never done drugs or had a sip of alcohol (except on new years one sip of champagne and I hated it!!). OP was proud of herself because she has never consciously done any drugs. OP's brother has a problem with drugs and OP said to her aunt she has never touched a drug and it's not fair for her aunt to shoot her down like that!! OP never knew that she was addicted to heroin when she was a baby!! OP had no control over that. If you think that anyone who has never done drugs should not be proud, well I am sorry then you belong in the looney bin!!!

Being "proud" doesn't mean boasting or gloating. That all depends on your own attitude. And for the record. I'm proud as a mother ****** for never doing drugs.

82 wow you do drugs AND wear revealing clothing exposing your boobs to the world? Oh your parents must be proud!!

70, having somebody you love go to jail and be addicted to drugs is one of the most awful things you could ever experience. My boyfriend was addicted to pain pills for about two years and almost died because of it. Now he's in jail for it. It's not "hardly heartbreaking". It's extremely and utterly devastating.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

It's very possible and Ive seen it more than I'd like to admit. The babies are literally born having severe withdrawals, seizures are very common. They are usually weaned on methadone (I believe...or something similar) so their little bodies don't go into shock.

I understand, but wouldn't that heroin do severe damage to the baby's brain? It is a drug, and a very addictive one. And what kind of a mother would consume heroin while pregnant? I'm just sayin'...

yes, methadone is what they use to ween addicts off of heroin. unfortunately, ive known too many people who were addicted :[ and yes #3, babies can be born addicted to heroin, causing them to go through serious withdrawals. it can also cause serious birth defects, among many other things. as for the "why is she still doing it?" have you met anyone who has done heroin? or even seen trainspotting or the basketball diaries or ANY movie on addiction. heroin ruins people, they dont care about anything but their fix. and as for the OP: your life doesnt suck too bad, except that your aunt is kind of a bitch..but who doesnt have a bitchy aunt?

Daddys_Defect 0

I was born on Meth and crack. When the mother consumes these substances when she's pregnant, it passes through to the child. I was born two months early, with crack and meth in my system, and had to stay in the hospital for hella time in an incubator. Really? You dont have a drug problem now, so get over it. This is NOT an fml.

I think it's the fact of the aunt making such a snide comment that is the FML. And I agree with that.

tash14 1

My cousin was born addicted to drugs. He had withdrawal and had to receive treatment for that. He is hard of hearing , which is unfortunate, but they thought he was going to be much worse. So yes, you can be born addicted to drugs and doesn't necessarily mean you will be completely ****** up either (not that that condones it).

Dr_Pepper_fml 3

#14 Ok, but the point is that the OP's mom VIOLATED their rights as an unborn child. I was born as a coke baby too, and my dad tells me that she also did meth and crack, which I sure as heck wouldn't be surprised by to this day. I ended up with brain cancer--may or may not have had something to do with it. But I TOTALLY feel the OP's pain, because I went through the same thing at one point with my mom admitting to me what a **** up dope head she was and then my father telling me even more. And who knows, the OP may have had the FML feeling because they found out what a **** up piece of shit their mother was/is. I don't get what's so hard to understand.

Wow thats early bborn.. I have a friend who was three months preborn... She has learning disabilities but she just got out of the special program and now goes to the same level classes as other kids do. Still she is really small like just barely five feet tall at seventeen years old

fafa123_fml 0
thinmint 0

One can actually never be sure how much of a drug or alcohol can have on a fetus therefor the no amount is a good amount is suggested. babies are often born addicted to drugs and are given morphine as they withdrawl from the drug to control the pain and symptoms. some have copious amounts of damage or die and some have none.

If you were born addicted to heroin, you'd be messed up. Probably a joke. But then again, if your IQ is hovering around 75, then yes, you are probably a heroin baby.

Not all babies born addicted have severe brain damage, you know. Everyone's body processes the toxins differently and handles addiction differently. My best friend was born addicted to meth and she kept up a 98% average in all her advanced high school classes. Not every addict baby is born mentally deficient.

my friend was a drug baby and has an I.Q. of 142

Wow, you are a major kiss-ass. Stop talking shit about other people, especially your own brother. Grow some balls and stop making other people look bad.

Really? She was just discussing that he got arrested. It's the truth. I feel bad for her, actually. And... Actually, you're just acting like the bitch of an aunt.