You tried

By Anonymous - 10/06/2009 04:42 - United States

Today, I offered my seat to an elderly lady on the subway. She quietly refused. Minutes later on a sharp turn, she almost fell down on two people. As I was clearly the youngest in the disability seating section, everyone on the train turned and glared at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 726
You deserved it 3 960

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't think you deserved this. I mean, she didn't want to sit down and you did offer up your seat. The other people around could have offered up their seat too.

That sucks, being glared at because someone else refused to accept your help. FYL

Comments

Dude, you shoulda told them that you had offered your seat but she refused. it's not ur fault.

Sexiig0d 0

not ur fault. but still funnny. i wudda been like. do u have a problem

Sometimes I swear FML comments are worse than YouTube comments. Some of you clearly never use a bus. A disabled/elderly seat isn't like a disabled parking space. It doesn't make any sense to not sit there just because someone might need it. You can always move. Which the op offered to do. The offer was refused.

breedizzles 0

that sucks...not really your fault since she didn't take the seat...but usually when i offer my seat up to someone i get up whether they say no or not...that way there's no possibility of evil glares =)

you get up even if they refuse. tell them your getting off soon anyway.

I agree with #12 people are really ageist towards teenagers and young adults. The other day I was in a coffee shop and a group of about five 36 year-olds were being extremely loud for absolutly no reason! No one even gave them a dirty look. However if it were a group of 16 year-olds everyone would be grumbling, and maybe they would even be kicked out! And with you, you offered your seat when no one else did. But still no one thinks "I really should have offered that women a seat" they are just like "damn kids don't give a shit about anyone"!

Also why is everyone saying "disabled seats are for the elderly and disabled". There were people sitting in those seats who weren't elderly or disabled, they were just glaring at this person because they were the youngest sitting there.

That sucks, but apparently none of those other people offered her THEIR seats, so **** them if they glare at you. At least you offered her your seat at first!