You tried

By Anonymous - 10/06/2009 04:42 - United States

Today, I offered my seat to an elderly lady on the subway. She quietly refused. Minutes later on a sharp turn, she almost fell down on two people. As I was clearly the youngest in the disability seating section, everyone on the train turned and glared at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 726
You deserved it 3 960

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't think you deserved this. I mean, she didn't want to sit down and you did offer up your seat. The other people around could have offered up their seat too.

That sucks, being glared at because someone else refused to accept your help. FYL

Comments

u should've told them to **** off... its not your fault she refused

ChelsiLeah 0

ydi i would have said no i can stand and just stood even if she didnt take my seat

xd0rkiee 0

You shouldn`t have sat there, anyway - it`s the DISABILITY seating section. YDI.

trapiadora 0

Lol good one #30 that is a good idea. That is defiantly fyl that was not your fault. Yea you should have stood up but at least you offered that the important part.

Well if you dont actually get up and offer it then no, she'd probly feel too awkward to say yes but its a lot easier to say yes if your already standing up. Still, fyl.

exact same thing happened to me, but another lady actually had a huge argument with me, and the lady could have given up her own seat, but no, cuz im the teenager on the bus its my fault

Veldan 1

If you read the stickers on the trains and buses, it doesn't say only disabled/elderly/pregnant people can sit there, just that you have to vacate the seat for them. So, yeah FYL. Not your fault.

kittycatgirl 0

ohhhhhh well like your ever going to see those people again so who cares

Yatta_fml 0

I have a type of arthritis and I'm in my younger twenties, but I sure don't hold it against people for sitting in those seats, even though sometimes when I'm in pain I wish there was a seat, I just grin and bear it. I think to expect people to never sit in those seats unless someone is disabled is a waste of space. Some people might like the idea of seats just for them and their problems, but personally I don't want to be singled out like that unless absolutely necessary. I imagine the elderly women didn't want to be treated any different than anyone else either and/or didn't want to be a bother. In any case it's too bad everyone glared at you just because you're young... At least you tried to offer your seat, which sounds like more than anyone else in the same type of seats did. Just because you're younger doesn't mean you're fully able bodied, either...