You freak!

By LonelyGuy - 15/12/2014 11:59 - Australia

Today, I called this girl I've had a crush on for 2 years to confess my love to her. However, as she picked up the phone, I got so nervous that I froze and couldn't say a word. I was standing there, breathing heavily for 20 seconds. She got so freaked out that she threatened to call the police. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 128
You deserved it 9 578

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Nederlander95 14

Honestly, if you eventually manage to tell and explain that to her, she'll probably think it's cute that you were that nervous

On the contrary I'd recommend not telling her that the creepy breather on the phone was him. I can't imagine it would help his chances.

Comments

Nederlander95 14

Honestly, if you eventually manage to tell and explain that to her, she'll probably think it's cute that you were that nervous

On the contrary I'd recommend not telling her that the creepy breather on the phone was him. I can't imagine it would help his chances.

Yeah... that's probably a funny story for the wedding toast. Or later, later is good too.

lol probably best not to bring that up on the first date

Confessions shouldn't be done over the phone, but that's just my opinion.

Mf2307 15

If OP really can't manage to talk to her in person or on the phone he should write a short letter along the lines of "Hi *her name*, I'm painfully shy when it comes to things like that, but here goes: I think you are beautiful and kind and I'd like to take you out on a date some time. I'll call you tomorrow. Yours, *your name*". That way he doesn't need to do the hard part on the phone, gives her a little time to make up her mind, and when he does call her the next day he basically needs to say "Hi, it's *name*" and she can do the rest of the talking.

no she won't. just calling her to confess his love is creepy enough.

Next time try saying some words. Girls are people too no need to be all freaked out about it.

tony1891 22

if he had said "words" this would not have been a fml. Some people just get nervous when talking to girls tho. Hope op finds the courage to actually ask her one day tho.

raj needed alcohol and then got over his fear eventually

Yes Big Bang theory reference you are awesome.

I don't m know why this comment is disliked so much I don't see anything wrong with it

Wow... Call back explain what happened she'd probably understand why you got so nervous and didn't talk

Yeah have OP call back just to get nervous again.

rdenkewicz 11

Or pretend like it was a pocket dial. It completely explains everything.

That does suck. I'd probably text her and let her know how that it was an accident, then call her again and promptly proclaim your undying love.

I don't get why everyone always encourages someone to express their undying love for someone else. That's a horrible idea in my opinion! To hear that someone is madly in love with you and has been for years when you maybe haven't even really noticed them, or talked to them, is a bit much. It's also a bit much & possibly overwhelming if you've been friends for years and don't feel the same way. In my opinion it's always best to just ask someone out on a date. You are letting them know you're interested without pressuring them or overwhelming them. That way the other person won't be freaked out, and if they turn you down or aren't interested in you then it's not as embarrassing. I think we need to stop telling people to express their "undying love" as 1) it's probably getting them turned down and feeling extremely embarrassed, 2) it can completely ruin friendships, & 3) in a lot of these cases the other person has had all those years to feel the same or pick up on signals and if they felt that way back they probably would've sent some signals back (not all cases but some). Start slow and ask for a date, there's less harm in that in my opinion.

Garnetshaddow 30

I really agree with you. People you don't know who say they're really interested are so creepy. I just had this happen at work. (I work overnights in a gym.) A regular member I do talk to texted me on behalf of his friend one night. I thought they were high and doing a prank... so I let it go. The guy then found me on FB and got my number. It was weird. I won't answer his texts anymore, removed him off the internet and I think that friend will have a word with him about propositioning girls at 5am. >< What a mess. If he'd bothered ever talking to me at work... I'd have been way less creeped out.

I was being sarcastic. By saying "proclaim your undying love, I didn't think anyone would so I put it as a joke. If you actually do call someone and creepily tell them that they're the one and you'll never get over it if they reject you, then you deserve to be rejected. I meant more like "call her back and tell her how you feel"

that's cute. not the part where you sound like a creeper breathing, but the rest. just try it again and explain the situation and go from there. if she's a decent girl, she'll understand. good luck.

drunkmunkey 24

just tell her OP, you'll feel better when you do.... it's better to have her tell you she's not interested than to spend your life wondering, good luck

Yeah, she'll definitely think that's adorable after you explain what happened!

the trick is to stammer out the words "how.. was.. your.. day?" and let her do the rest. most females are brilliant at conversation if they feel like.

Unless I know a person well, I can't speak to them properly in person. I'm quite shy at first, especially on the phone where I can't see them. My response to the question would be "it was alright, yours?" if that. Women at work try to start conversations with me in the toilets and I just feel so awkward I don't really answer properly.

ChristianH39 30

48 did you really just take offense to someone using the word "females?"

squideth 18

Calling women "females" is a common tactic in degrading human women, so yeah, it's super annoying.

Sometimes I think you people got lost on your way to Tumblr. #12 is from India, and English is most likely not his native language. It's a subtle distinction that he probably doesn't know even exists. If you really cared and weren't just desperate to feel righteous, you could have politely explained to him that it sounds rude to you, rather than just going "Ugh." or "Super annoying." and assuming that he is sexist. You total weirdos.