You freak!

By LonelyGuy - 15/12/2014 11:59 - Australia

Today, I called this girl I've had a crush on for 2 years to confess my love to her. However, as she picked up the phone, I got so nervous that I froze and couldn't say a word. I was standing there, breathing heavily for 20 seconds. She got so freaked out that she threatened to call the police. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 128
You deserved it 9 578

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Nederlander95 14

Honestly, if you eventually manage to tell and explain that to her, she'll probably think it's cute that you were that nervous

On the contrary I'd recommend not telling her that the creepy breather on the phone was him. I can't imagine it would help his chances.

Comments

caleb_ohs 8

Try to find common ground to talk about with her to start the conversation and work your way into it

So you're crushing on her... She likely doesnt know you exist... And you think you love her. No. You don't. You can't love a crush, love is something that happens in a relationship, not mindlessly chasing someone. Either A. Grow up and make a move, and then work on your crush. or B. Forget about it.

Please stop making assumptions, how do you know they are not close friends or something alike?

If they were, I imagine she would know who was calling.

Maybe he was calling from a different phone, his number is supressed or something alike. Yeah, there is a possibility they don't know eachother well, but we won't know unless OP gives us a follow-up.

I doubt he would freeze up that much if they were friends.

I seriously love how white knighty the comments section is on all of these lol. Never would a realistic comment like mine get downvoted to hidden on a site with people who actually view things from realistic perspective rather than fairy tale dream land. You aren't in love with someone when you aren't in a relationship with them, it just doesn't happen that way. You are crushing, with one-itis. It won't go anywhere until you either make a REAL MOVE. Or move on.

If you've been crushing on her for two years, it's not going to happen. FYL OP, but move on. Often times guys make the mistake of waiting till they really like someone to ever make a move. You have to strike when the iron is hot, before you even know if you like her. Basically, when you meet a girl, ask her out quickly. Don't wait for you to become good friends.

I disagree. I met my boyfriend of over a year three times before we actually started talking. The second time my other friend pissed him off so much he threatened to kick our asses (until he remembered who I was). Different things work for different people. There is no set way to do things.

I was good friends with my boyfriend a whole year before he worked up the nerve to ask me out. We've been together almost two years now. So I have to disagree as well. Nothing wrong with getting to know someone first.

cutelilscrafty 8

As a female, I have to disagree here. I wouldn't go out with a guy I don't know. For me, there has to be some kind of connection. We don't have to be bffls or anything, but at least I'd want us know each other to some degree. I want to have things in common with a guy. Like say a guy who loves indie games, or Marvel comics. I can connect with a guy like that, because those are interests I have. If they're meant to be, it'll happen no matter how long a person waits.

to #34 I'm not saying you should be complete strangers, but it sounds like they are close friends and if it's been 2 years, chances are she only wants him as a friend. Guys really should ask a girl out when they are still friendly acquaintances, and not good friends. I'm not saying it's always like that, but far more often than not, becoming good friends first hurts your chances of actually getting the girl. to #21, the key word is you only met 3 times before potentially dating. I'm not say ask out complete strangers, but don't wait till you're close friends either. You'd probably be weirded out if your closest guy friend of the last few years confessed he loved you. to #33, you have to understand that situations like yours are the exceptions, not the rule. Most times if a guy makes friends with a girl for a while before asking them out, it doesn't work out.

The way you worded it, it sounds like you look at a girl and then ask her out without even knowing if you truly are attracted to her. That shouldn't be how it is. There are plenty of people who end up marrying their best friend of a couple years. Sometimes feelings change over time and you find yourself in love with them.

I disagree with this entirely I think it is almost always best to spend time getting to know each other before you start dating Though I suppose I'm a bit weird as id rather be absolutely certain I care a lot for somebody before any attempts at dating as it just feels more honest/ nice whatever you want to call it

I knew my girlfriend for three years and were close friends for two of them before I asked her out. We dated for nearly 4 and a half years

Seriously you're extrapolating a lot of things I didn't say. Im saying that I don't wait till I have a crush on someone to ask them out. I'm not saying I ask out complete strangers. I'm also saying that MANY people wait far too long to ask out the person they like, which is absolutely true.

Maybe next time you see her ask to hang out being on the phone is hard because you can't see how she reacts and she can't see how much you truly do like her, if you hang out have a good time you'll feel less nervous :) it's good to do things in person OP good luck!

Just tell her that she's so beautiful she took your breath away, even over the phone.

anonymasesv2011 9

do it face to face.. then she'll see that you're nervous and think it's cute that you care so much

You deserve it for trying to do it on the phone. Next time take a deep breath and a valium or two and go talk to her face to face. The phone isn't how you confess your love to someone if you expect them to take you seriously.

A bit harsh as you don't know how often they see each other and if she's unaware of his feelings it'd be rude/ weird for him to invite her somewhere to tell her in person

killerdana 19

Why would that be rude? I'd rather a guy tell me he likes me in person rather than over the phone.