You bastard!

By Backseatseller - 15/09/2009 05:35 - New Zealand

Today, I was at work, and some people came in looking for a particular couch. After looking for over an hour on the wholesalers website my boss walks over, makes me take my lunch break and then calls over the couple and takes all the credit for the sale. We work on commission. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 693
You deserved it 3 137

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kiit_fml 0

I read this as the OP helping the customers find a couch for an hour, not searching for a specific one they already knew about but a particular kind of couch that fit their needs. Otherwise it would be much easier to find and obviously wouldn't take that long. The boss waited until they were set on a couch to swoop in and take credit for the sale. Fyl. It was incredibly unfair of your boss to do that, and it cheated you out of the commission you deserved for helping the customers.

Comments

tyhillman 0

No not in the face. In the stomach, this wasn't bad enough for the face.

obviously he knew you were too much of a bitch to close the deal. handle your god damn business. asshole.

#47 loool.... OP: and anyways thats why he's the boss and u're not.... how do u think he became the boss in the first place? steeling other emplyee's sales

lol NZ culture is different to American culture.. it isn't ok or common place for people to step on each other to get to or be at the top.

Living rooms, bedrooms, dinettes, oh yeah! You can find 'em at the market we talkin' 'bout flea market! Montgomery's flea market it's just like, it's just like a mini-mall! FYL for working on commission though. Commission is EVIL.

_THE_MASTER_ 0

WORLD'S DUMBEST PERFORMERS! too bad i_reply_with_lyrics doesn't watch enough truTV...the visual would be much better though...for all of you who don;t know what this refers to, just look up the montgomerey's flea market ad on youtube. It's. Just. Like. A mini-mall.

Well, if you couldn't sell it to them in an hour and he did it pretty quickly, I'm going to say he deserves the credit. Learn to be a good salesman, like Billy Mays!

THAT WOULD MEAN TALKING IN CAPS IRL ALL THE TIME THOUGH.

Too soon indeed. Now let's make a Patrick Swayze joke... I'm drawing a blank. I would LOVE to be able to shout everything I say and get taken seriously... Also, truTV wins, in response to the comment above my first one. ^^^

“YO PATRICK SWAYZE I KNOW YOU JUST DIED & ALL & IMMA LET YOU FINISH, BUT MICHAEL JACKSON HAD ONE OF THE BEST DEATHS OF ALL TIME!” -Kanye West you're welcome

Hahahaha. WIN! You just killed two birds with one stone. You should have a late night show.

Please claim more internet jokes as your own.

but as a boss surely he's in charge of training as well.. which means he should have advised him of what to do or where to go and he'd know for next time. I personally would have called the wholesalers direct after 15 mins, but for all we know the wholesalers could have been in china.

So, here's how I'm seeing it. Those people come in, and they're asking for something. Then they have to wait for an HOUR for you to find it, and you still didn't? The boss probably cut in because he thought you'd lose the customers otherwise.

The FML says it was the boss who was on the website... but that doesn't make sense.

Actually, I highly doubt that's how it went down. Managers who work on commission too, they know who the big fish are.... you think they're dummies? The manager at my suit store did the exact same thing.

YDI, You spent over an hour and found nothing, your boss needed few minutes only, so he deserves this credit...

kiit_fml 0

I read this as the OP helping the customers find a couch for an hour, not searching for a specific one they already knew about but a particular kind of couch that fit their needs. Otherwise it would be much easier to find and obviously wouldn't take that long. The boss waited until they were set on a couch to swoop in and take credit for the sale. Fyl. It was incredibly unfair of your boss to do that, and it cheated you out of the commission you deserved for helping the customers.

That's how I understood it too...so OP: FYL indeed

That's how I read it, too, and sadly how I've seen it go down quite a bit with friends who've worked for commission. The bosses pad their numbers by stealing commissions from their employees.

i'd have those ******* up with their boss.

Nowhere does it say that the OP's boss completed the sale in only a few minutes. This is really unfair. Bosses can be assholes : FYL.

commission fraud, if you work for a big company you could get him fired probably