The customer is always a dong

By Obviously works everywhere - 20/09/2017 23:15

Today, a customer filed a formal complaint with corporate about me, because I wouldn't help her find things she wanted while I was off the clock. We were in a completely different store than the one where I actually work. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 928
You deserved it 217

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I can sort of understand where the customer is coming from; it can make all the difference in the world when an employee goes the extra mile. Normally, cashiers just give me weird looks when I ask them if they’d also be willing to read me a story and tuck me into bed.

fearrhyno1 18

Didn't you get the memo, once you work retail you're automatically suppose to know everything from every store and where everything is... tsk tsk tsk.

Comments

******* customers. I would hope that corporate would have your back, but I have worked retail so I know how it goes. Hopefully you at least keep your job.

fearrhyno1 18

Didn't you get the memo, once you work retail you're automatically suppose to know everything from every store and where everything is... tsk tsk tsk.

One time, I went to Walmart in my movie theater's uniform, which has the theater's name on the front, and someone thought I worked at Walmart.

How did she know you were an employee of the company? Do you wear your polyester uniform 24/7?

Maybe he went to buy something during his break.

Are you suggesting that on his break, his choice for relaxation is to go to another location of his store for some shopping, and return to his store where the same merch is sold? Yeah, that sounds plausible.

I assume she recognized OP's looks. If you've been to the same store many times you would probably recognize the employees.

I can sort of understand where the customer is coming from; it can make all the difference in the world when an employee goes the extra mile. Normally, cashiers just give me weird looks when I ask them if they’d also be willing to read me a story and tuck me into bed.

The difference though she wasn’t in the store that she works in. Its like asking a person from Target to help you find something at Walmart and then filing a complaint at Target for poor customer service from the employee cause they didn’t help you when they weren’t even at their place of employment.

SteelSoul5 9
XCoraline_CrossX 17

My mother filed a corporate complaint against me and a coworker I'm dating. She stated that he attacked her (we have cameras showing that he wasn't near her and there was an employee in between them because she was screaming at him) and she want corporate to do something about our relationship. I had to talk to corporate and they said they "don't care what we do outside of work". This doesn't really relate to what happened to OP but just thought I'd share this.

You know, you're kind of on FML, you could have just submitted This as one.

Lobby_Bee 17

Never say no to a customer. I got stabbed when a customer asked for my wallet and I refused. Lesson learned.

If you don't work there, which "corporate" did she complain to and how did she have your name to complain about?

You were off the clock, the customer was off their head.

retailsuxa$$ 6

as a retail worker ive had people ask me for help in random stores before. this one lady got really nasty with me while i was shopping one day, threatened to have me fired when i wouldnt help, even after i told her bluntly several times that i didn't ******* work there.