You bastard!

By Backseatseller - 15/09/2009 05:35 - New Zealand

Today, I was at work, and some people came in looking for a particular couch. After looking for over an hour on the wholesalers website my boss walks over, makes me take my lunch break and then calls over the couple and takes all the credit for the sale. We work on commission. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 693
You deserved it 3 137

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kiit_fml 0

I read this as the OP helping the customers find a couch for an hour, not searching for a specific one they already knew about but a particular kind of couch that fit their needs. Otherwise it would be much easier to find and obviously wouldn't take that long. The boss waited until they were set on a couch to swoop in and take credit for the sale. Fyl. It was incredibly unfair of your boss to do that, and it cheated you out of the commission you deserved for helping the customers.

Comments

If it took you over an hour to find (or looking for) what the customers wanted, then he didn't steal your commission, he got sick of watching you being a complete fail and saved the deal for your employer.

Maybe the website had a shitty design, but an hour is a pretty damn long time. I can't say you entirely deserved it, but I can't say FYL just cos an hour is so long. HOWEVER. I worked a job on commission & when you don't get it, it sucks. Your boss should at least give you a small cut.

Having worked commission myself I know exactly what the OP has gone through. Those of you saying he's incompetent for taking an hour on the wholesalers website need to get a damn clue. I've dealt with customers who come in, say they want a specific model, yet have no idea what they really want. So you're stuck going over catalogs and websites trying to find the one thing they have fluttering around in their heads. And now the douchebag boss comes along, tells the employee to go on break and then steals the commission? That's like me walking down the street, pulling your wallet/purse out and over and fishing for large bills. Would you take that if someone tried to do that to you? Of course not, it's theft. He's stealing money that you earned (theoretically) out of your pocket and putting it in his pocket. This boss is a real piece of work. I've called out people who stole from me and have reversed the majority of the sales. I've had paperwork that confirms that I've spent time with the customer before hand, but to steal a sale right in front of the OP takes balls. FYL OP, FYL.

Gesq1 0

I liked this FML better when I thought it read, "particular cooch." It just didn't have the same impact when I realized it wasn't about the sex trade.

yeah, and you, the idiot, instead of talking to the boss or his/her superior about it, went and wrote about it on a website, wow, that is gonna boost your career tremendously and help with your cowardice, stupidity and inability to stand up to anyone ever...no wonder your boss walks all over you...

kellster 2

Um, report your boss to whomever he answers to, and then quit. Seriously. It's not worth it working for someone who's going to do that to you!! I work in retail, too, and my manager also does this to all of us sometimes - sends us on our breaks while we're still with a customer and then moves in for the kill. It blows.

Funny how you tell him to quit, while you still have that job you mentioned.

kellster 2

Actually, no. Today was a very happy day in Kellster's life: I got my boss fired, and start my new job tomorrow. WHOO!