By Anonymous - 25/07/2014 02:04 - Canada - Burnaby

Today, after months of job hunting, I finally got a phone interview with a company. Excited, I prepared for the interview and conducted extensive research on the company. The interview ended within a minute. They'd got the wrong person. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 234
You deserved it 3 593

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CaiDog 20

At least that one minute went well? Maybe if they don't like the other guy, they'll call you up again!

correction, YOU didn't get the wrong job! joke's on them

Comments

CaiDog 20

At least that one minute went well? Maybe if they don't like the other guy, they'll call you up again!

if OP didn't apply for the job how was he hoping it was his interview? That kinda luck is pretty rare..

OP had applied for the job, but they accidentally called him instead of one of the other guys that applied. How else could they have known his name and phone number?

correction, YOU didn't get the wrong job! joke's on them

It's always nice to have great enthusiasm. Hope OP finally finds a job.

CaiDog 20

Could be hard, I heard jovs are hard to find

Yeah well I've never heard of a jov before so good luck. But I'm pretty sure he meant job... And they're a little easier to come by

Not really... If you want a minimum wage job maybe. For those who want career choices they are very rare to come by.

Think of it as "research training for job interviews". Keep your head up, it will come soon enough OP.

Sorry it didn't work out, but that level of preparation and readiness will serve well when you do have a legitimate interview.

Nah, they just told you that had the wrong guy. Actually, they were terrified of your anal over-preparation and ended the interview prematurely. People like you make all the under-achievers look bad.

Well, OP didn't get that job in the other FML because she was obviously coached through the interview process. I knew it; mediocrity in the job market is where it's at these days.

That sucks and getting your hopes up is even worse than just being rejected right away. But you wouldn't want to work for a company that unorganized anyway, right?! Good job for preparing though and good luck for your future job search!

this is just sad but tis reality for many of us.

91hayek 31

I respect your ambition and hustle OP. If anything you have motivated me to not waste my weekend. All the best with the job search!

don't worry, op. I went ages without employment despite trying very hard to get something, anything, now I've got about three job offers all at once, something will come up in time, just keep at it!