Unfair

By jaycee - 28/01/2012 03:41 - United States

Today, after having finally summoned the nerve to report a guy at my workplace who has been sexually harassing me for months, I got a phone call from my boss. He said that there was nothing he could do about it, because the guy "wouldn't confess." FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 176
You deserved it 2 630

Same thing different taste

Top comments

asoptavlo14 6

Leaving may be your best bet :(

Sucks for you. Report him to a higher authority then. Or get him caught in the act.

Comments

That's horrible OP. I thought Sexual harassment was a MAJOR issue in the workplace and isn't tolerated one bit. Most places of business fire people if they're reported, regardless of proof, because it's a HUGE liability; You can sue the company/your boss (for not keeping policy and neglect) and the guy harassing you. I'd say pull your companies policies on sexual harassment to see if you stand a chance, and if so, hire an attorney.

14, That's quite sad that in your country the laws are based on old world logic.

It's quite sad that she's getting sexually harassed at her workplace, you dick. How 'bout you stop talking about another's country and focus on the FML?

Oh I'm sorry, is responding to the content of the comment I'm replying to bothering you? Diddums. I'll try to put more big 7 letter words in there next time so you won't have to worry about understanding what's going on. Ah crap, I lost you at responding didn't I?

Almighty_Chris97 6

Ah yes, it would be so fair for that guy to be fired for just an accusation.

137: If the OP is being truthful, which I'm guessing she is since she was terrified to speak up, it's not just an accusation. The reason I said OP should look up the companies policy was for her to see their guidelines on sexual harassment. That way, she can take the steps necessary to protect herself. Also, we don't have enough information but this guy could be saying sexual things or he could be pushing her against walls and scaring the shit out of her. So, I rest my case at the fact that she needs to do her research, document these occurrences of harassment and take legal action. . . 102: Our legal system is far from perfect. There's tons of loopholes. I don't know very much about law, so forgive me.

linkinpark98 23

Punch him in his nut sack. But before he can harass you again.

Or say something sexy, grab his balls, and then squeeze real hard! Then ask him if he likes that. ;-) Harass him back!

Fight fire with fire.... genius. ... Yeah im sure that'll show him

This is one of those situations , where only YOU can do something about it.

... or her boss, or a cop, or a lawyer, or Shananay, but yes, doing something yourself is an option.

That's why technologic evolution brought us the video camera. Get him touching your ass. Then put it on the Internet. So we can uh.... Identify the perpetrator. ._.

GoW_Chick 14

Well OP it's time to pull out your handy dandy spy equipment, and catch him on on camera, that's how I found out who stole the cookie from the cookie jar.

RabidBunny 10

Wow, is it really that easy to get away with things nowadays? What a wonderful world -__-

bizarre_ftw 21

Right. Because it's common knowledge that criminals always confess. Op, if it doesn't stop then wear a wire/bug to work and get the cops involved

I say kick him as hard as you can, right in the balls. And when he reports you don't confess. or just use the voice recorder on your smartphone to catch the scumbag.

perdix 29

He said, she said. I got a pen that can secretly take video. It's not expensive or hard to use. Find that or something similar to nail his ass, before he nails yours.

dc_7990 0

No don't leave go to HR they have a legal obligation to investigate all harassment suits. If they do not they are doing something illegal. Get a charge form and claim against the company. Ask about the EEOC guidelines. if youre employer knows about it and fails to fix it he can be charged with sexual harassment.