I am business

By Viscerion - 15/02/2023 13:30 - Australia - Adelaide

Today, I sold an item on eBay and received $8.36 after fees. It cost me $1.39 for a satchel and $9.70 postage. It cost me $2.73 to give someone my item. FML
I agree, your life sucks 373
You deserved it 826

Same thing different taste

Top comments

(1) Either sell at a fixed price or set a minimum bid… (2) You can list either with the shipping cost included or with the shipping cost as an extra cost. Either way count on the shipping costs and make allowances for it… I’m sure that you learned from this and next time won’t be in this situation.

Why didn't you charge at least $11.09 for "shipping?" You probably could have easily rounded up to $15. You're not good at business.

Comments

(1) Either sell at a fixed price or set a minimum bid… (2) You can list either with the shipping cost included or with the shipping cost as an extra cost. Either way count on the shipping costs and make allowances for it… I’m sure that you learned from this and next time won’t be in this situation.

Why didn't you charge at least $11.09 for "shipping?" You probably could have easily rounded up to $15. You're not good at business.

that is a rookie mistake I think any seller has made at least once. don't do it again. either charge shipping or set at a higher price. I always do free shipping but everything I sell is under 1lb to keep shipping lower. I also make sure I sell things I buy at a 90% discount to keep overhead low

Yeah I use to flip things on ebay/amazon general rule you need to be able to sell at about 3x what you pay to make any profit at all. Anything bigger than a shoe box needs to be worth $200+ otherwise shipping charges will eat you alive. Also the shipping charges are way cheaper if you buy your label directly from Ebay.