Unbelievable

By Anonymous - 08/12/2010 09:40 - United Kingdom

Today, at my wedding reception, I jokingly asked my aunt, who has always been convinced that I am gay despite my protests, if she believed me now. She took this the wrong way and drunkenly went around telling my guests that my wedding was a sham to convince her I was straight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 440
You deserved it 5 295

Same thing different taste

Top comments

c8750 2

OP, don't worry about your aunt. You know the truth & that's all that matters so just be happy with your new husband

shouldn't have even invited her. why should you have to convince somebody that you are what you are? ridiculous.

Comments

For what it's worth, i think you're gay, females have great gaydars, and if she belueves so strongly that ur gay, even on ur wedding day, there must be a reason, or overwhelming evidence.

My grandma(who things gays and lesbians are sinners and will go to hell) to this day insists I am gay, even though I have a wife and kids. She says they are a sham just to keep up appearances of a straight lifestyle and I should just come out of the closet already. My solution to it is to avoid any family gatherings where she will be at, and no undue stress is placed on me or my family. And the rest of my family agrees with me, and every time she asks about me, they say why I am not present

#42 you should not distance yourself from the rest of the family just to avoid her. If your kids are small I get it; but as soon as they are old enough to understand that their grandmother is a homophobic bitch who prefers hate over love then you should allow your children to enjoy their other relatives and tell her to go **** herself every time she says anything. Don't let her hate deny your children the chance to spend time with those who do matter.

We spent christmas last year with her, and she kept her comments to herself until the very end when she told my wife that she was a sham wife and the kids are shams. We left. None of the kids want to be around her after that.

Good for you!!! Maybe next year you can invite the ones who matter to your home and tell her to enjoy her hateful home all by herself.

Did you tell the videographer to talk to her? That would be an awesome wedding video.

You need to tell everyone in your family that this lesbian aunt is just putting up a smoke screen by accusing you. Like that gay evangelist who ranted against gays or Jimmy swaggert ranting against sex and cheating.

Put her name and phone number on Craig's List gay dating page.

Either your aunt is a closet case herself and is trying to distract people from wondering about her or she dislikes you for no particular reason and this gives her a reason. I suspect the latter. Sometimes two people will just simply fail to "click" for no particular reason and neither one is to blame. It happens to all of us with strangers, people at work or school etc and we don't think much of it. But, when it happens with a family member we feel compelled to come up with a reason why and most people will find something with shock value to latch on to.

Daddymo 14

You're on the internet on your wedding night?

his wedding might not have been today, FML just automatically puts "Today," at the beginning of all FMLs.