By Asdf649 - 19/05/2012 04:17 - Canada - Burlington

Today, at my wedding, my husband's drunk friend admitted that the only reason my husband and I started dating was because he was dared. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 474
You deserved it 2 648

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's really messed up. But obviously he liked you enough to stay and marry you. :D so no worries op.

Some relationships start out that way. You shouldn't focus on the negative though; you're obviously still together and he loves you, so that's got to count for something, right? Anyway, congratulations :)

Comments

Wow. I wonder what a double- dare would've led to.....

bigtaytay 13

That does kinda suck but I'm not seeing a huge problem here...I mean they did get married right?

I don't know why this would suck at all. Don't people do this all the time? "I dare you to ask that girl for her number" or "I bet you won't get her to dance with you." It's just a way of getting someone's courage up and can be seen as flattering in a way.

Icejza_DaChilla 7

TheRuined's picture is perfect for this. I wouldn't really say FYL though cuz guys dare eachother to do that kinda stuff all the time. Unless he just kept getting dared to stay with you and marry you, then FYL and he wins at dare for life.

Well you did end up getting married, so maybe he still liked you but didn't have the courage to ask you out or he ended up liking you. If so, then I think it's kinda cute. :)

Well OP, I can sort of relate. My ex husband admitted to me that I was a bet between him and a buddy... Seeing who could get me first. That explained a lot of things, too.

CaramelMacchiato 13

42 - I think the reason why OP is upset is because her husband didn't ask her out because he was interested in her, but because of a dare.

Maddidaddi 0

This ain't really an fml. People start dating for reasons like this all the time. It's a little elementary, but it obviously worked.

I don't see how this is an FML... I think it's cute how you met your husband by pure chance :)

This is when you slap them all in the face and walk away.

Yeah... This isn't an ouch kind of thing at all. He obviously found a great enough person to stick around and marry, so stop whining. YDI, in a good way.

Killuhk 8

What? The reason why he's your ex husband now bc you cheated on him with his 'buddy' ,, sounds plausible to me lol

tjv3 10

It doesn't matter how it started. It matters how it ends

Dares can go both ways: 1- OP's husband was dared to ask her out as she was not appealing to him. Or 2- (more common) OP's husband was dared to ask her out as she was someone he didn't have the courage to approach. If the later is true then I think OP should thank her husband's friend for initiating such an important part of her life. And be happy that she must've been such a bomb that her husband thought he could never be with her.

92, curiosity has me ask- what FML did you read? This one has nothing in it pertaining to OP cheating on her new Husband, nor does it mention divorce.

Is it just me, or does 1's profile pic match the comment perfectly?

Dares can be used to make shy people take action, take it as a complement that he accepted the dare.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

2- no, because if their happy enough to get married, it doesn't matter.

amandajlucas2015 2

Y should he have chosen truth? Then they would never have met and gotten married

That's really messed up. But obviously he liked you enough to stay and marry you. :D so no worries op.

Exactly, he still chose to marry you (unless you proposed), and that dare benefited the both of you. Hey, you're the one that's laughing because you've got him, and the dare went wrong because he ended up marrying gou

Ninjasaurus18 9

Dares are not always negative. I was dared to ask my current gf out only because I thought she was waaaay out of my league. My friend kept pushing until they placed heavy dares and bets on it. I asked her out and she said yes. I am currently the happiest man around and I thank my friends for putting the extra courage in me....

Some relationships start out that way. You shouldn't focus on the negative though; you're obviously still together and he loves you, so that's got to count for something, right? Anyway, congratulations :)

cradle6 13

But what's negative about that? It doesn't mean he wasn't interested in her. He could have just been too shy to approach or something without a push from his friend. Guys do that kinda thing all the time. If he didn't like you, he wouldn't have kept dating you, and sure as hell wouldn't marry you (even if it was a double dog dare).

It's not that bad, and it doesn't mean anything about your marriage. He might have start the relationship because of this, because he didn't know you but then fell in love with you. Don't think he didn't like you at all or something. I bet he just didn't know you or was to shy to ask you out. And smile, you're married now, it's too late for him to go away ;) And congratulations for the wedding, by the way !

"Hurr durr I dare you to spend your life with this chick, children optional. Hahaha you totally won't even do it, ya pussy." "Watch me."

But you would have never gotten married if ot werent because of that one stupid dare. NEVER

alexk92 6

I wonder if someone dared him to say that...

A dare within a dare ! Dareception...

A lot of relationships n beautiful love stories started that way too... At least you're married. It's so insignificant. -.-"

perdix 29

And he was dumb enough not to know when the dare ended.

maybe he was "double dog dared" *gaspp*

Huzzah! Thou's destiny has been chosen!