By homework - 21/07/2009 07:34 - India

Today, whilst cleaning out his desk, my dad "accidentally" threw away my summer homework. That's 100 pages, over a duration of 2 months. School starts in 3 days. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 845
You deserved it 6 343

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Yea it sucks, but if its that important suck up your pride and take it out of the trash! Oh, and do it on the computer next time. With a backup.

babbling27 0

I don't know why you put accidentally in "" because he obviously didn't do it on purpose.

Comments

So now your dad has accidentally thrown away your summer homework, tax refund check, and birthday money. Right. This one has been posted with several variations before.

YDI for letting your parents clean your room.

fyourlife33 0

noone accidentally throws away 100 pages, that would be a pretty large stack and i'm pretty sure if you've been working on it for 2 months then he would have known what it was since you obviously live with him. and ydi for going to a school that makes you write 100 pages during the summer. but i agree with cldkckr im tired of dad "accidentally" throwing away your stuff

cucuto89 0

yea ditto that, If I found a 100 page notebook organized together, I think I could put it together that it was something important

You think he did it "on purpose?" Or is there "something" else going "on?" I like "quotes."

Dude I was going to post the same thing, haha. I voted "I agree," but does he really think his dad did it on purpose?

change_we_need_fml 0

wow your dad needs to be shot. what a ******* asshole. kick him in the balls and laugh when he goes down.

Having gone to school in India myself when I was younger I can definitely feel your pain. Thankfully I never had anything like this happen. Hope your teachers or a little sympathetic or you can get at least some of the work done. By the way to everyone who is saying why didn't he do it on his computer? Not all homework can be done on a computer, especially math and science homework. On top of that in a country that is prone to power outages (or at least where I used to live) computers aren't always your best friends for homework.

indian_goddess 0

agreed. computers aren't absolutely trustworthy due to the stinkin power outages.

As a math major who's done extensive math and science coursework, I can tell you that, unless it's specifically prohibited, the computer is the _preferred_ way to do math & science homework.

To all those people telling him to do it on the computer, its not allowed and being in India, i don't think the teachers will listen to him no matter what excuse he makes. I don't know how teachers there are now, but when I used to be in school there and I didn't do my homework, they could hit you.

Bullshet 0

YDI for not cleaning out your desk yourself, especially if you had such important stuff in it.

stringoffail 0

Why did "accidentally" need quotes? Do you think he did it on purpose?