By badteacher - 24/10/2010 05:26 - United States

Today, while I was substitute teaching a middle school class, a boy, named Chris, refused to get in the boy's line for the bathroom. After I had said, "Chris, what makes you think you're a girl?" in a very loud voice, one of the other students said "She is a girl." I've scarred a child for life. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 849
You deserved it 52 648

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sccrismyantidrg 4

Lolz next FML "Today, I got fired from work for making a 5 year old sob uncontrollably"

Comments

OP, you're an idiot. Who are you to question a child's gender, not to mention "in a very loud voice" around her classmates? I hope Chris reported you to the head of school and you never substitute teach again.

sallen0046 4

So you find it completely acceptable for little boys to use the girls bathroom? Who are YOU to decide what's appropriate when other people's children are involved?

I believe the original statement was addressing the teacher's moronic approach to the situation, not stating that it is ok for a boy to go into the girl's restroom. But I suppose it's difficult to comprehend that there are better ways to approach the situation than loudly asking a child if they are aware of their own gender in front of the classmates they have to spend the next six years interacting with.

lovelove24 1

Wow, way to stereotype. Moron.

Well, OP, you are a dumb ass and if I was that child's parent I'd make sure you never work in the school system again.

There are some kids you look at and you realy can't tell, but I guess the name is what made you think it was a guy. Can't blame you there. There are some fully-grown men/women that you really can't tell. They're generally really obese though. The kid probably gets that all the time, don't worry about it, if she chooses to dress like a boy, she knows people will be confused!

Where did it say that she "dressed like a boy?" Girls nowadays wear T-shirts and jeans as often as boys do. Pretty much any substitute teacher (and I should know, as I have been one) gets an attendance sheet at the beginning of class that includes every child's name, student ID number, listed race, and sex. The sub could have just as easily referenced the sheet, but instead chose to be a judgmental dumbass.

I have read some truly ignorant comments on this site and this just made the top ten. I am going to keep telling myself you weren't serious until I start to believe it. She wasn't ser -- no, screw that. Are you honestly going to say you've never seen a short-haired girl in non-girly clothes? You are either extremely sheltered, incredibly unobservant, or just plain stupid.

They deserved it. Its common for people to have unisex names but she shouldnt have been dressing like a boy. Dont sweat it

Why shouldn't she be dressing like a boy? Why is that wrong? It's because of people like you who make the LGBT community as ostracized as it is.

Apparently girls should not be wearing trousers. It's only 2010 and society cannot yet accept prebuscent girls in jeans and a t-shirt yet.

skyeyez9 24

There is a lesbian couple whose child goes to my daughter's school. One of the moms is named Chris as well. She is very tall, skinny and manly looking.

And that has what to do with the FML?

Damn, really? That was insensitive. And "What makes you think that you're a girl"? Um, I'm pretty sure that by the time they're in middle school, they're gonna know their gender.

Not really. I'm in highschool and sometimes I honestly can't tell. And if it's a girl who's skinny, with short hair a baggy clothes, it's not really OP's fault