By badteacher - 24/10/2010 05:26 - United States

Today, while I was substitute teaching a middle school class, a boy, named Chris, refused to get in the boy's line for the bathroom. After I had said, "Chris, what makes you think you're a girl?" in a very loud voice, one of the other students said "She is a girl." I've scarred a child for life. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 849
You deserved it 52 648

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sccrismyantidrg 4

Lolz next FML "Today, I got fired from work for making a 5 year old sob uncontrollably"

Comments

Maybe try for Catholic schools or other ones with boy / girl uniforms. ;)

I went to a Catholic middle school, and no, we did not wear uniforms. My high school was also Catholic, and while there were uniforms, they were not gender specific. We wore the same blouse, vest, sweater and pants as the boys.

I did that once too, with a ten year old. I know a lot of people are saying YDI, but it's absolutely a FYL, man. Confusing a kid's gender in front of them really makes you feel really shitty.

ok so its middle school and they get sent to the bathroom in lines? thats freakin kindergarden

I didn't even dø that in kindergarten.

how cud u not tell!? like ur a girl... if u were a guy I'd understand

020266t 5

BITCH have a "tranny" line and you'll fell betterq

Dude, a lot of kids aren't governed by gender roles.

your a jackass your a "teacher" pay attention idiot

Well, it sucks that you confused the girl for a boy if she identifies as female, but I don't see why you would care so much about gender. What if the child had been transgendered, male-to-female? You should have allowed her to stand in the line of her choice, regardless of her physical gender.

SarahBearah1995 11

Uhhh. No. Physical gender is the ONLY reason gender specific bathrooms were invented. Imagine you're the parent to a biologically female child. Would you feel comfortable with your female child being FORCED to use the restroom with a biologically male child? I know I wouldn't. Yes, it is all fine and good for a kid to be able to decide whether they want to portray themselves as male or female. That's no one's business. But when in school, bathrooms are designed by biology, not preference.