By Embarrassed - 12/12/2011 13:45 - Germany

Today, while having dinner with my boyfriend's family, his mom told me that it looks like I've gained quite some weight. When my boyfriend told her that this was a rude thing to say, she said it wasn't rude, just the truth. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 205
You deserved it 6 291

Same thing different taste

Top comments

cradle6 13

She doesn't like you. At least your boyfriend stood up for you?

Olovio 5

This is actually a nice FML. I can't remember the last time I saw an FML where the boyfriend stood up for the girlfriend.

Comments

Sometimes the truth is rude. Everyone wants people to be honest but when they are they just get mad!! What I think everyone really wants is just for people to tell them what they want to hear.

Better yet, don't give your opinion, unless asked. Fat people know they're fat. They certainly don't need rude people like you to point it out for them.

Amen! Haven't you ever heard,"If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all."? Offering your opinion on something like someone's weight when your opinion was not asked is rude and out of line.

Migster 0

Truth or not, you don't say things like that to people.

IhateMahLife16 0

I woulda called her ugly, and said it was just the truth.

At least your BF stood up for you. Now do the rational thing and take a light a bag of dog poop on fire on her front porch/steps ;P

Don't listen to her, she is probably just jealous :)

leeroyfan101 5

At least your boyfriend is a gentleman

IdfkMyUsernamexC 5

You should change your username to "LordOfJackasses"

IdfkMyUsernamexC 5

I'm so glad that ugly comment was removed:)

IdfkMyUsernamexC 5

Some people actually choose to be happy, and not starve themselves to look like a stick. In my opinion, I prefer boobs and an ass. So does op. So don't be ashamed, especially if your boyfriend stood up for you-that's a keeper!

Haha_oh_wait 4