By momma - 16/08/2013 15:21 - Canada - Toronto

Today, while getting ready to welcome my first child into the world, my father in law decided to "help out" and threw out a bunch of papers I needed. Like my child's application for a health card, social insurance number, and my birth plan, as well as instructions from my doctor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 011
You deserved it 3 715

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm not above digging through trash if necessary. Get them before they are gone forever.

Comments

OP, I hope everything works out for you! So sorry that you had to deal with something so misfortunate!

streetriots 9

Oh no! I don't know how people ever gave birth without paperwork.

RedPillSucks 31

Have you seen the hospital bill for a maternity stay? The giving birth is the easy part. Believe me, you want that paper work that says that you have insurance, etc. And there's tonnes of stuff, including social security, that needs to be filed. Including the paternity of the child, etc...

Yeah. Last week my sister tried to be helpful and tried to throw out the "lewd" drawings my boyfriend did. They were for his art class. Luckily I was able to stop her from ripping more than one. This is why I do not give out keys to people in my family. If ever need someone to do something while I am away, I pay a friend to do it. My family thinks my house is their house and they can do as they like. I have had more than one talk about not going through our files, throwing out things, moving them around, or borrowing things. So, to make this short, talk to your father-in-law about not cleaning up your house.

First of all congratulations! I am sure your father in law had the best of intentions, and the poor chap was perhaps just helping you clean stuff out. Try not to hold this against him. And do get a hold of all those documents as soon as you can...they sound really really important! And once again, congratulations to you and your wife!

They are needed but honestly he wanted to help..,he should HELP you fill them out...or something like that...

Shame man, clearly OP's father-in-law was just trying to help but OP could've also put such important papers in a safe place away from unimportant papers. FYL though.

seriously get over yourself be happy you have someone there to help you all those things are replaceable

While his intentions where probably good, I will still never understand why some people feel like they are in any way allowed to sort through stuff that isn't theirs. Even if you asked his help, people should double check before throwing stuff out.