By Bajar - 18/12/2012 19:53 - Australia

Today, while at the airport waiting for my flight, I sat down next to a mother and her son. As I pulled out a water bottle, she leaned over to her son and said, "Promise me you will never do what the man next to you just did." I have no idea what the hell I did wrong. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 351
You deserved it 4 046

Bajar tells us more.

Hey all, OP here. To clarify a few things: it was at the airport lounge, the mother and son had a double couch together and I had a single chair next to the son. The water bottle was disposable and on a clearly visible pocket in my backpack. I still have no idea what I did wrong.

Top comments

Mothers are very over protective you don't know what there thinking.

Vodka is the same color as water, so maybe she's Russian.

Comments

Shadow_Phantom 26

Maybe she's the environmental type... as well, the plastics used in water bottles are not good for you at all. Either way FYL... weird lady.

CharresBarkrey 15

That may be, but what are you supposed to do if you're thirsty in an airport? They don't allow outside food or drinks, so OP would HAVE to buy a bottle from somewhere in the airport, they would have no option to put it in another container.

I think she thought that it was hidden alcohol.

bugmenotmofo 34

You could bluntly demand an explanation even if that would embarrass her. It's none of her business, she's being rude anyway.

But in Australian domestic terminals surely you can take food and drink from the outside. I have done so myself plenty of times haha. Don't forget you can't get into the terminal without going thru the security checkpoint. You then have to go thru an additional security checkpoint for international where yes all food and drink gets throw out. Well this is at least at Adelaide international.

Twisted_Angel 17

probably one of those eco nuts referring to your water bottle.

perhaps it's that you sat down beside the unaccompanied woman and her child without asking.... it could be a culture thing, after all.

enigmo_fml 12

I would have been a smart ass and said to the boy, "Yes, don't be like me and drink water out of a bottle. It's bad for your health."

The only thing I can think of is that she (for whatever reason) thought it was alcohol, rather than water.

Obey_StudBoii 23

Didn't think hydrated would be an issue. People are crazy nowadays OP.