By Bajar - 18/12/2012 19:53 - Australia

Today, while at the airport waiting for my flight, I sat down next to a mother and her son. As I pulled out a water bottle, she leaned over to her son and said, "Promise me you will never do what the man next to you just did." I have no idea what the hell I did wrong. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 351
You deserved it 4 046

Bajar tells us more.

Hey all, OP here. To clarify a few things: it was at the airport lounge, the mother and son had a double couch together and I had a single chair next to the son. The water bottle was disposable and on a clearly visible pocket in my backpack. I still have no idea what I did wrong.

Top comments

Mothers are very over protective you don't know what there thinking.

Vodka is the same color as water, so maybe she's Russian.

Comments

Sir_ND_Pity 35

Trying to keep hydrated? Shame on you!

Water bitch, ey? She should bottle up her anger next time

Ahhh someone beat me to the water pun >< dammit!

I know what you "did wrong." This has happened to me twice. She probably thought that you had snuck that bottle through security. I have been accused of "sneaking" water through the security line several times. Both times have resulted in me pouring it on the floor and then cleaning it up (I didn't want to throw out my bottle). German airport personnel despise me. The point is, she was wrong. She just assumed you and snuck it through. dwai.

But that wouldn't make sense to what she said. You're not supposed to sneak water bottles in but that doesn't amount to a "promise me you will never do that." There was something else going on in her mind. If I were OP I would have asked.

Wait, do they not have bathrooms there with sinks to dump the water into? I'm sure nobody would mind escorting you there to empty the bottle. Maybe it's just me, but dumping the water on the floor seems like a bit of a severe overreaction.

Maybe she's assuming you snuck a water bottle onto the flight.. but even then, they're allowed if you buy them at the airport. Guess number 32 beat me to it..

Maybe she's assuming you snuck a water bottle onto the flight.. but even then, they're allowed if you buy them at the airport.

...double post. What's up with FML today?

Maybe the way you bent over to get it made her think you farted in a very obvious way in a very public place. Especially if you took it out of a bag with a zipper and the zipper noise sounded like a fart. I don't think the vodka idea is plausible if her son was under the age of say 16 or so because then the kid would not have realized that's what his mom meant.

1dvs_bstd 41

All these would have been settled with a few simple questions rather than enduring a flight with a innocent but guilty conscience.

Michelle1594 3

U should have gave her the what the hell did I do look.