By Bajar - 18/12/2012 19:53 - Australia

Today, while at the airport waiting for my flight, I sat down next to a mother and her son. As I pulled out a water bottle, she leaned over to her son and said, "Promise me you will never do what the man next to you just did." I have no idea what the hell I did wrong. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 351
You deserved it 4 046

Bajar tells us more.

Hey all, OP here. To clarify a few things: it was at the airport lounge, the mother and son had a double couch together and I had a single chair next to the son. The water bottle was disposable and on a clearly visible pocket in my backpack. I still have no idea what I did wrong.

Top comments

Mothers are very over protective you don't know what there thinking.

Vodka is the same color as water, so maybe she's Russian.

Comments

Maybe the kid farted and blamed it on you. Or maybe the woman let one rip and blamed you. Either way - who cares. You did nothing. F that kids life for having a crazy mother!

Your technique was all wrong! Pull the bottle out with backhand not forehand!

Well you did say, "I sat down next to a mother and her son," which sort of implies that you sat next to the mother, not the son...so maybe she meant the man on the other side of them?

Randomness_Too 7

How are we supposed to know what you did? But I bet it was something stupid.

Maybe it doesn't have anything to do with the water bottle. Maybe she felt like it was rude to sit next to her without asking if the seat was available. Did you say 'hello' before you sat down? I just don't see how drinking from a water bottle is a bad thing.

Barriaultcory 16

Hey all, OP here. To clarify a few things: it was at the airport lounge, the mother and son had a double couch together and I had a single chair next to the son. The water bottle was disposable and on a clearly visible pocket in my backpack. I still have no idea what I did wrong.

sushichick 17

I'm sorry OP, she sounds like a crazy bitch. I'd ask her for clarification but she'd probably flip out at you if you tried to speak to her.