By Bajar - 18/12/2012 19:53 - Australia

Today, while at the airport waiting for my flight, I sat down next to a mother and her son. As I pulled out a water bottle, she leaned over to her son and said, "Promise me you will never do what the man next to you just did." I have no idea what the hell I did wrong. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 351
You deserved it 4 046

Bajar tells us more.

Hey all, OP here. To clarify a few things: it was at the airport lounge, the mother and son had a double couch together and I had a single chair next to the son. The water bottle was disposable and on a clearly visible pocket in my backpack. I still have no idea what I did wrong.

Top comments

Mothers are very over protective you don't know what there thinking.

Vodka is the same color as water, so maybe she's Russian.

Comments

Shame on you! How dare you pull out that water bottle....lol jk

She probably thought you snuck the bottle past security. And the "promise you'll never do that" is because she probably doesn't want to deal with the potential trouble & aggravation (detainment, extra searches, possibly missing a flight) because her son tried to sneak water past security.

CestLaGuerre 3

She might have been talking about sitting down next to a stranger?

You all are over thinking this way too much! Think like a mom talking to her son, she's probably not as concerned about his carbon footprint as she is about his health. When he pulled out the bottle she obviously thought he was chewing and spitting tobacco, something that is both gross and dangerous

Sonotsuave 35

Hah. Maybe she meant the OTHER guy. On the OTHER side. ;-)

How the hell did you get through airport security with a water bottle?

Because as the OP pointed out, this is Australia, and as pointed out in a comment by OP, this was a domestic flight, and there is nothing stopping you bring water on a domestic flight?

TcheQ 12

You can take water on an international flight also, you just can't take it through the security checkpoint (unless it's in tiny 100ml bottles)

Haha she probably thought if he brought a water bottle in the airport after 911 he would get stopped by security for thinking it was a liquid bomb!

She probably thought you filled your water bottle with vodka.