By csc4lyfe09 - 03/03/2010 00:00 - United States

Today, while at my tutoring job, a middle school kid couldn't find a word in the online dictionary. I told him he could check a regular paperback dictionary. His response was, "That's what you did in your day. That's not what we do in our day." I'm only 19. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 854
You deserved it 3 204

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ah, the new generation. They worry me. -_-

Lol... I remember playing that game where you saw a page number on the bottom of a dictionary page and followed that clue to another page with another number and so on until you ended up at a picture of a penis or some other sexual word circled... But yea... now I just use my phone to look up something... wireless internet is the best.

Comments

PedoBearSaysYES 0

lol that's hilarious. kids they make you feel old even if your a sweet 19 hottie ;) don't worry it'll be worse when he's your age lol <3

jett_0621 0

Ahh yes :] the generation of the new teenagers haha. I do the same thing. Don't worry xDn

Fminetoo 0

OP, be sure to remind the damn kid that currently young adults use their cell phones to get definitions. A computer and internet is the old way of doing it.

That made me laugh. Thank you for that. :P Smack him upside the head. And when he complains say 'thats how we did it in my day'

#12 Uh That comment was sweet....then i read your user name....PedoBearSaysNO

guckylynn 19

I'm 21 and growing up we looked up definitions in the dictionary. my family didn't really have a computer until I was 13 and the definition on the Internet thing is a fairly new thing. Home computers are still relatively new to mainstream.

Kids are growing up twice as fast as they did a few years ago.

that's cause we live tougher lives with more stress

dudeitsdanny 9

.... Wait 'til you hit college. My childhood was stress free, and I'm 19 The most stress I had was refusing to go to a school for intelligent kids. Now I'm stressed because I didnt go to one. Or when they put me a grade ahead and I refused to leave my friends so I didnt go to class. What stress could kids possibly have? Not enough dodgeballs? I just created a new stress for myself. I'm turning into a non-pervert version of my father.

I still look up definitions in the dictionary from time to time and I'm 21. I'm just too lazy to type up a dictionary site and type up the word. Just feels easier to pick up a book and look for the word on question. In hind sight, I'm probably doing more work the old way. Dun care.