By csc4lyfe09 - 03/03/2010 00:00 - United States

Today, while at my tutoring job, a middle school kid couldn't find a word in the online dictionary. I told him he could check a regular paperback dictionary. His response was, "That's what you did in your day. That's not what we do in our day." I'm only 19. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 854
You deserved it 3 204

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ah, the new generation. They worry me. -_-

Lol... I remember playing that game where you saw a page number on the bottom of a dictionary page and followed that clue to another page with another number and so on until you ended up at a picture of a penis or some other sexual word circled... But yea... now I just use my phone to look up something... wireless internet is the best.

Comments

buttshapedfruit 0

kids are so ignorant these days.. x.x

Although, I don't know if I consider this an FML, I can definitely understand. My elementary students were convinced that I had a black and white TV when I was a kid. I'm 25.

Dude I never use a online dictionary unless I don't have the book and I'm 13

I would have given the little brat a talking-to and informed him I probably know a hell of a lot more about using computers and the internet than him. I would have ignored it if it was a 5 year old, they have no concept of age or time, (they think ten year olds are over the hill and that their parents are 100 years old) but a middle-school student should definitely know better.

Oh and to all the people going "this isn't an FML, this is lame", I think the FML is more about the kid being an obnoxious brat than the fact he thought the OP was old.

seanseansean321 0

I woulda said "really? and how is that workin ou for ya?" lolol

I actually agree with that kid, times have changed

Tell him, "Yeah, and who's flunking their classes, again?" Besides, waaaay back in "your" day, you didn't lose all your brains every time there was a power failure.

that's when you say, 'and look at who needs tutoring, now look in the book shrimpy.'