By I weep for our future generation - 01/10/2017 04:30

Today, while home from college for the weekend, my sister started whining about how I keep using "big fancy college words" and making her feel bad. My sister is 27 and teaches elementary school. The word I used was "ludicrous." FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 073
You deserved it 300

Same thing different taste

Top comments

See, there you go again, using words like "elementary" and "weekend" and "school". Your sister is absolutely right. You really need to tone that shit down, professor.

Christina Winden 22

My response would have been "it's ludicrous that you don't know what "ludicrous" means." If she can't figure it out from that I have no hope.

Comments

to be fair you don't hear many five year olds walking around saying ludicrous

You might if they, or their family, listen to the rapper's music.

Christina Winden 22

My response would have been "it's ludicrous that you don't know what "ludicrous" means." If she can't figure it out from that I have no hope.

“Ludicrous” is a slightly large middle-school word — a big, fancy college word is “strepsirrhinis.”

Donut_Wizard 23

Another college word is "beer."

Apparently, you didn’t go to my high school. We learned “beer” and how to use that in a sentence. “Beer!”

See, there you go again, using words like "elementary" and "weekend" and "school". Your sister is absolutely right. You really need to tone that shit down, professor.

arioch_fml 20

And his name?? Come on! "future" and "generation" those are way too big!

I know, right? Who does this pretentious cockhead think he is?

exileonmainst 16

Stop being so pretentious Kyle!

Lobby_Bee 17

That's why she can only teach elementary classes.

Now, I'm not going to say she's an idiot. She might just be unfit for her job though.

onceuponatime456 16

It is too bad her students will not get the education they deserve!