By not_so_sweet_sixteen - 17/03/2009 03:10 - United States

Today, was my sixteenth birthday. I was hoping to get a car. Instead, my parents got me a 3 month membership at the gym so I can lose weight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 495
You deserved it 55 818

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well I don't have a car, OR membership to a gym, and I'm eighteen. I'd be happy with either.

You shouldnt have expected them to give you a car. Youd be pretty lucky if you got a car and its not as if your parents are obliged to give their 16 year old a car. Take the gym membership. Be grateful

Comments

xolotl 0

So? I want a paid three month membership to a gym.

hahahah this is stupid look how many people are taking this so seriously

You should lower your expectations and your weight. Lifting some weights is a lot healthier than lifting your ass in a car. I would have loved that gift and I have a normal weight.

herheartsuck 0

spoiled rotten you're ******* sixteen hahaha why the **** would your rents get you a car? this is the stupidest fml ever its like omg daddy didnt buy me a car for my bday fml!! spoiiiiiiiileddddddddd

I really don't see how this is an FML. I don't think parents should ever buy their kids a car for their 16th birthday (and yes, I believed that when I was a teenager too). I thought every kid at my school who had their own car (from their parents) was spoiled, and would grow up not knowing how to work for things. I got a desk for my 16th birthday. It was old, and I needed to refinish it myself before I could even use it.

alkfjdf 0

Use the membership and they might be impressed with your dedication and reward you with a car for your next birthday or for christmas.

15, you're a dumbass. That would give someone a six or three minute mile, one of which is damn near (if not entirely) impossible. OP, you're a fat, whiny bitch with a huge sense of entitlement. I am 19 and still wouldn't even have my license if it was all up to my parents. Get off your lazy ass and use your gift.

aww well thats great of your parents to look out for your best intrest. too bad you dont appreciate it. damn spoiled fat kids. when will you ever learn? hmm?

KFabery 0

People who post things about how their family thinks they're overweight should be forced to put their real weight somehow. I bet all these "Poor me" fat kids are really quite obese and should be losing weight for their own health. Also, quit being a spoiled bitch about not getting a car for your birthday. The real world doesn't always work that way.

alex_vik 0

Aww, poor baby didn't get a car just because she turned 16. Stop being a spoiled bitch and realize things won't just be handed to you.