By not_so_sweet_sixteen - 17/03/2009 03:10 - United States

Today, was my sixteenth birthday. I was hoping to get a car. Instead, my parents got me a 3 month membership at the gym so I can lose weight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 495
You deserved it 55 818

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well I don't have a car, OR membership to a gym, and I'm eighteen. I'd be happy with either.

You shouldnt have expected them to give you a car. Youd be pretty lucky if you got a car and its not as if your parents are obliged to give their 16 year old a car. Take the gym membership. Be grateful

Comments

your life must be so horrible... really im sure everyone here couldnt even imagine your pain... and i think i speak for everyone here with FUCKMYLIFE that if there is anything we could do to make your life better dont even hessitate to ask... maybe we could help changing your diapers or perhaps get you a ******* waaammpon

wow you entitled brat. gym memberships aren't cheap either. you're lucky you got anything for your sixteenth birthday.

Your parents clearly LOVE you. if your life is ******, this is your chance to turn it around. Try hard to diet/exercise and (if you actually try) you will almost certainly see results, which will improve your life in terms of health, happiness, friendships, and of course, sex... Ride a bike to school or bum a ride with friends. I didn't have a car til I was 17... and I was f'n grateful when I got my wheels.

my parents got me absolutely nothing for my 16th (or 17th or 18th...) birthday. i bought my own car (and gym membership!) when i was 18. bawwwwwwwww!

hey. guys, calm down. (I'm just going to assume the poster is a girl, but apologies if otherwise.) You have NO IDEA what she is like. You don't know if she's short, tall, popular, nerdy, with glasses, has a fluffy pink room, etc. likewise, you have no idea a) whether or not she is actually overweight(you do realize teenage girls, like someone above said, are the prime victims of low self-esteem, anorexia, distorted self-image) or b) whether or not her parents spoiled her in the past. a) Do you know if she is actually fat? no, you don't. anyone calling her fat might as well call president obama fat, or queen elizabeth, or that dude who hosts Are You Smarter Than a Fifth grader FAT. Have you seen the poster? can you accurately judge that she is fat? You don't have any clue towards her weight/size except her parents' perspective. Maybe her rents didn't think she as fat, but needed to be more active(unless they actually pointed it out.) b) also, her parents may have raised her expectations towards getting a car.

wtfdidido 0

That's what you get for being fat

kellyhateslife 0

Thats funny because for my 16th birthday, I didn't get a car either. I got a car fixing kit .... Like a pump, etc. I don't even know. I haven't even looked at it. I didn't get a car till a year later ... :/

hollyhox 0
xx_hayleyy 0

my parents tell me im fat all the time..even though ik im perfectly normal. i think parents do things to 1. annoy you 2. ruin your life 3. "protect you" yours falls under the third category, so i wouldnt worry about it. :)

ideclarewar 0

#9: I'm 18 and just got my car. It's was my mom's, co-worker's, dead mom's car. Someone DID have to die for me to get my first car. Btw, if you did have a car you'd probably go to McDonalds straight after your workout. LAWL.