By not_so_sweet_sixteen - 17/03/2009 03:10 - United States

Today, was my sixteenth birthday. I was hoping to get a car. Instead, my parents got me a 3 month membership at the gym so I can lose weight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 495
You deserved it 55 818

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well I don't have a car, OR membership to a gym, and I'm eighteen. I'd be happy with either.

You shouldnt have expected them to give you a car. Youd be pretty lucky if you got a car and its not as if your parents are obliged to give their 16 year old a car. Take the gym membership. Be grateful

Comments

I have a comment for #19 and the post-ee~ #19 - You shouldn't hate those who parents bought them a car in highschool. You can't tell me that if daddy was like "want a car for your birthday? :D" you would've turned him down! For my 17th birthday I asked for a tongue ring and my dad was like "if you don't get the tongue ring, I'll buy you a car" - So I never asked for a car; never even expected a car, but I did not turn down the offer to get on for free. I appreciate what my parents have done for me. I used to be a spoiled little brat and when I was, I did not get much but now I do get nice gifts, because they know I appreciate it and take care of it. I will also state that I do not think a 16 year old should have a car. I dont think a seventeen year old should get a car! It took me about 3 years later until I was able to actually take care of it (blind spots suck!). Like what others have said, be lucky your parents got you something :( My boyfriend's parents didn't even wish him a happy birthday on his. And don't expect such large gifts! Not only that, just because they got you a gym membership doesnt mean they think you're fat! I go to the gym to stay in shape, not because I think I'm fat. I just think you're reading much more into it than you should. Appreciate your parents and what they do for you! *rant done :) *

what the hell is your problem?! you should be happy you got anything

i agree with mostly everyone on here, you're extremely ungreatful. once you grow up, maybe you'll realize that a car at 16 isn't the best idea and maybe you'll appreciate the things your friends and family do for you a little more.

#63: Just putting weight is inconclusive. They should have to put their body fat percentage. Not only would it put things in perspective, but it would also cut down on the number of stupid "I'm fat and I need attention!" FMLs!

bawww, i am fat and my parents didn't get me a car that i don't have to earn myself like i should. fml

Well then I guess its' time to lose weight eh? Smart parents.

RNCftw 0

"my parents dont spoil me FML" geez.

simplysmile 0

PEOPLE. this FML is about her getting a gym membership "so she would lose weight". NOT because she didn't get a car. At 16, your self confidence is already lagging and when parents give you a gym membership for that sole reason...and as a SIXTEENTH birthday present, it can feel like a big slap in the face. Also, for all of you rude, inconsiderate jerks who says she deserves it and to "stop crying"....have a heart for the love of god.

InsaneOblongata 0

Your parents are awesome. @ #72 totally! what a spoiled brat!