By (-__- ) ( ^.^) - 11/10/2013 21:00 - United States - Minneapolis

Spicy
Today, trying to be romantic, I started coming on to my wife while in bed, only for her to yet again say she wasn't in the mood. When I asked why she never is lately, she sarcastically blamed it on the government shutdown, then rolled over to go to sleep. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 994
You deserved it 6 336

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Man, errbody gettin cockblocked by the government...

raininginseattle 9

Congrats #2. You must be getting screwed by the government instead.

Comments

How is coming onto your wife in bed romantic? Cook her a dinner, take her out, that's romantic. Pawing at someone when they are getting ready to sleep isn't really a turn on

she sounds like Skyler to me.. maybe there's a ted beneke in her life too!

Nagging your wife for sex is a tremendous way to turn her off like a light switch.

TheDrifter 23

Jeez, that's rough. Even the government works at 85% capacity during a shut down. Maybe try a different department? Alternate method of contact? If neither of those is working you'll just have to try again during regular business hours tomorrow.

I'm sorry, what was romantic about what you did? Maybe the problem is your idea of romance. Or maybe she's just tired. Which could be due to stress. Which things like the babies in congress can make worse. Talk about it during the day.

Maybe you should appreciate her more? Besides when she has to make an excuse because you wont accept a "no" thats not good.

uhnevermind 24

From what the FML said, he was trying to be romantic for her, and was concerned about the change. That's a hell of a lot better than most guys. So how is it not appreciating her?

buttcramp 21

is there more to the story? is she directly being effected by it like got laid off or something? if so, i get it but if not.. laaaame excuse

Did you miss the part where OP said that she used the excuse sarcastically?

134- "sarcastically" is the op's opinion, it doesnt mean op's gf was actually being sarcastic. more info is needed on op's gf... does she work for the gov't?

Damn government...she'll be in the mood soon..,

That's not romance. That's you wanting sex. Maybe if you actually romanced her OUT of bed, she would be more receptive. Then again, maybe she's just not in the mood to f**k, which is just fine.