Going too fast

By Anonymous - 15/11/2022 12:00

Today, I told my girlfriend I wanted to get married and have kids soon. She had a fit. Apparently it's creepy and freakish for a man to want a family, and it means I'm secretly a crazy religious fundamentalist. Huh? FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 027
You deserved it 146

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you are 16…… her reaction would be understandable.

I mean, I have no interest in popping out children, personally. It's important to have these discussions on the earlier side of the relationship. And be honest.

Comments

If you are 16…… her reaction would be understandable.

I can only hope you two are still young and she can still grow out of this. Because if this is her as an adult, that’s a big ole yikes.

For that reaction you must live in Texas. Good luck

I mean, I have no interest in popping out children, personally. It's important to have these discussions on the earlier side of the relationship. And be honest.

(1) Plans and desires to have or not to have children are really important issues for many people. When important relationship goals are in conflict, it’s usually wise to figure out if there is a compatibility and if not just accept that the relationship isn’t going to work… (2) There are stages in life, that conversation is good and appropriate at some stages in life, but not very appropriate at other stages… It impossible to know if OP was jumping the gun because they, or she, were too young to be considering children or if it’s just a case of conflicting life goals. Many times our goals in life shift as our situation changes. Rarely do our goals do a 180 degree turn, but sometimes things look better at one stage than another. But to be honest, with this kind of reaction, it’s unlikely they will wake up one day and suddenly want children.

Definitely a lot of context being left out here